Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Noxid
Noxid
I thought it was 'post anywhere'
Makaires
Makaires
Helpfulness is all good, but when you present it full of scathing sarcasm with the intent to beat someone down, it loses this quality. All in all, you haven't even pointed out any actual contradictions. I know I made many assumptions. I have said I made many assumptions. You continue to point out, in excess, that I have made assumptions.
duncathan
duncathan
I obviously haven't been clear enough. I didn't actually point out any assumptions in your theory. What I did was point out the parts that had no evidence in their support. Those aren't assumptions. In this case, the best term for them would likely be fanfiction. A theory based nearly entirely on fanfic or headcanon that don't have any evidence in support of them is a theory without any weight. That's exactly what your theory is. As such, we can't take it seriously. You seem to be under the impression that a theory without contradictions must be taken seriously. This simply isn't true. You need evidence, or else your theory really is nothing more than fanfiction.

Also, I wouldn't say it was presented with scathing sarcasm, and it certainly wasn't with the intent to beat you down. There was one example of sarcasm in all my posts in your thread, and not once did I try to beat you down in the slightest. You seem to simply be misunderstanding my posts in an astronomical fashion, as only one of the several points I'm attempting to make has gone through to you. Now, would you please answer the question I've had for a while:
Am I clear enough?
Makaires
Makaires
First of all, while generally hard to sense sarcasm over the internet, "have a gold star" is generally assumed to be sarcastic. "Now this is going to sound crazy" is also usually followed by sarcasm, including "believe it or not" and what followed that as well.

I do know that most of it is not based on evidance. You seem to ignore the parts that actually DO have some ground. The hermit gunsmith, for example. The Doctor not actually dying when you kill the core. Most of it is somewhat like a fanfiction, but there are actual, valid theories in it.
duncathan
duncathan
The only- ONLY- part of your theory with any ground is the idea that the Doctor doesn't die after defeating the Undead Core. However, even in there you've made a mistake, as it's the Red Crystal that enabled him to survive, not the Demon Crown. Now, I believe you were attempting to use this as evidence as to why the king survived Ballos' massacre. Obviously this isn't true if he were the Doctor, as he states ingame that the Red Crystal kept him alive. Because of your evidence for this not actually being evidence at all, your theory, once again, holds no weight. I understand that you don't want this to be the case, (trust me, I did the exact same thing a while back when someone debunked a theory of mine) but you simply have to accept that we have no reason to believe your theory as the part that enables it to even be possible has no evidence in its favor. We have no reason to believe that the king survived.

Do you understand yet?
duncathan
duncathan
Also the gold star thing was the one example of sarcasm I'd been referring to and that didn't even really relate to your theory soooo
Makaires
Makaires
You seem to not understand what I am saying. First of all, let me elaborate on him not dying. Why would a concentrated form of something that causes insanity preserve his life? Furthermore, let's assume he wasn't just NOT telling them that the crown keeps him alive. Would he really know that the crown was doing it? The crystal was MADE with the crown, if I remember correctly. Again, it wouldn't make sense for the Crystal, which is in effect concentrated insanity (Don't go off on me for saying this. I know that it is not literally insanity. It's a metaphor) to cause someone to live past death. The Crown also dissolved with the Doctor, did it not? Why would it go with him if it was the crystal doing it? Would the crown not have simply fallen to the ground?

Even still, assuming it IS the crystal. My theory still holds. If killing him didn't work once, why would it work the second time?

About your gold star, it really is irrelevant if it relates to my theory or not. It was still scathingly sarcastic without reason.
Makaires
Makaires
And no, this is not "how he escaped Ballos' massacre. To use some of your own sarcasm, the Demon Crown was, believe it or not, not created before Ballos lost his mind.