Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

duncathan
duncathan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the word "elective" mean "a class which one /elects/ to do?

I've got it worse for now, though; since I'm in French Immersion, I don't get electives!
Thank God it's just for a year.
CookedChef
CookedChef
Damn.
Wonderful job, Florida.
Tpcool
Tpcool
Elective definition from Wikipedia: "Elective is a term used for an academic course chosen by the student from a set of options, as opposed to a required course. While required courses (sometimes called "core courses" or "general education courses") are deemed essential for an academic degree, elective courses tend to be more specialized. Elective courses usually have fewer students than the required core courses."
Now, what is this "French Immersion" nonsense? Something tells me I don't want to go to school in Canada.
duncathan
duncathan
French Immersion is something that a student will tend to start in Kindergarten, which has many classes (all of them before 4th grade) in French. When someone in French Immersion reaches high school, they're given a choice of whether or not to continue in French Immersion. I decided to do so, as as high school goes on, less and less classes are in French. On top of that, my brother lives in Montreal, and it's helpful when I visit to know the language. Nothing wrong with FI in the slightest.