Wiiware music in pc version?

Aug 22, 2011 at 7:04 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
so yesterday i got cave story for wiiware, and i kept the new music and graphics, since before then i only had pc and dsiware. the music sounded awfully familiar, but when i got the polar star, the music played for when you get an item, and i remembered: the new music was used on my uncle's cave story on his laptop, about 4 years before cave story was released on wiiware, and around the time i first learned about cave story. i don't know how he got that music, too.

any thoughts?

Aug 22, 2011 at 7:10 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Are you sure? That would be about 5 years ago. As far as I know, that music didn't exist back then. Maybe you were just mixing up the songs?

Aug 22, 2011 at 7:12 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Are you suggesting that the temporal fabric of the universe has been altered?
Anyway, the PC and Wii versions have different music, but it sounds similar.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:46 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Shimmyzmizz said:
Are you sure? That would be about 5 years ago. As far as I know, that music didn't exist back then. Maybe you were just mixing up the songs?

no. i'm SURE that the same music was in that pc one. the moment i heard the music after getting the polar star i was sure of it.

it actually might've been at least 2 years ago, cause i remember playing it at my grandma's new house, which she bought almost arond the time the wiiware version was announced(around E3 2009, maybe?).

Captain Fabulous said:
Are you suggesting that the temporal fabric of the universe has been altered?
Anyway, the PC and Wii versions have different music, but it sounds similar.

no.

and that music isn't the only thing. Mimiga Village and Balrog's theme were the same too. and a lot more tunes.

i'll have to ask my uncle. he might remember.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM
You do know it's just a remix of the PC music, right? Not totally new tunes? The get item music was virtually unchanged. I'm afraid Pixel did not go into the future to steal ideas from the remake of the game he hadn't made yet.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Compare:

As fab said they are very similar. So unless pixel time traveled to the future to steal the idea for the game he was going to make, I'd say that the PC music is in the Wii Version (just redone).

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Dude

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:35 AM
I take it back, you'd have to be retarded to get those confused. I didn't actually remember the Wii version of the music, I just assumed they could be mixed up.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:42 AM
inside is yello
"..."
I don't know, if you weren't really paying attention too much, the melody itself is pretty much the same.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Shimmyzmizz said:
I don't know, if you weren't really paying attention too much, the melody itself is pretty much the same.

They do sound quite different, but the remake pretty much copies it note for note.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:51 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Shimmyzmizz said:

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
They do sound quite different, but the remake pretty much copies it note for note.

That's pretty much what I said.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:55 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Aug 23, 2011 at 1:16 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Shouln't this go in the music section?

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:48 PM
i asked my uncle the other day. he said he found it but couldn't find the date. oh well, i guess i'll leave the case closed. anyways, this uncle is the same person who insists that cave story was on atari.(we all CLEARLY know cave story wan't released before the 21st century.)

CommanderJersey said:
Shouln't this go in the music section?

yeah, sorry. didn't notice that topic.