Why was there even a storehouse in the first place?

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:08 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Just a small question:

Why is there even a red flower storehouse in the first place? After the big war, wouldn't everyone have decided that the plant was just too evil and just destroy them instead of putting them somewhere where someone could reuse them? I know the sand zone is secluded but seriously folks.

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:14 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
well i think it was done because they don't know real ways to destroy the seeds I know they tried to but i never saw how successful they were at it so i think it was due to a fruitless and last desperate attempt to seclude them from the island.

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jenka's personal stash.

feels-good-man-trans.png

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:31 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
lol @ fabulous

@ merder but couldn't they have just burned them?

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
well probably but somehow i think it was needed for the flowers to grow and well as you only see the plants in game after sprouting you don't really know what they used to plant them(like how deep which fertilizer what kind of preparations to bury(for example holding them above a fire if needed for them to sprout(I know some tree seeds burst open in fire and thus need fire to grow))))

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Maybe that storehouse was used for something else but eventually the red flowers ended up growing there, Jenka thought it wasn't a huge deal and just locked them up and thought "Man, it's not like there'd be some douche who'd try to get in there!". And eventually the douchebag doctor came to the Island and decided to fuck things up.

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
WoodenRat said:
Maybe that storehouse was used for something else but eventually the red flowers ended up growing there, Jenka thought it wasn't a huge deal and just locked them up and thought "Man, it's not like there'd be some douche who'd try to get in there!". And eventually the douchebag doctor came to the Island and decided to fuck things up.

Kinda this.

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:48 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Badnik96 said:
Just a small question:

Why is there even a red flower storehouse in the first place? After the big war, wouldn't everyone have decided that the plant was just too evil and just destroy them instead of putting them somewhere where someone could reuse them? I know the sand zone is secluded but seriously folks.

Why is Ballos still alive in the first place? After the wild magic, wouldn't everyone have decided that the plant was just too evil and just destroy him instead of putting him somewhere where someone could free him? I know the seal chamber is secluded but seriously folks.

^ It seemed an appropriate comparison!

The Sand Zone is Jenka's home. It was even sealed by that Sunstone Seal.

Think back to the dialogue in Hell :
Jenka seeing her brother's madness could only confine him on this floating island. ... Even as he was, she could not bring herself to kill her own brother.

And think back to Jenka's dialogue :
Cornered, the Mimigas finally ingested the forbidden red flowers, and in their murderous rage began to strike back against the robots. Had the red flowers not existed, the Mimigas might have vanished entirely from the island...

Jenka did not destroy the flowers and sealed them away, just like she sealed away her brother. Why?
Maybe it's because they remind her of her precious brother?
Maybe it's because she still clings to false hope?
Or maybe it's because they still could have a purpose. Just as it saved the Mimigas from extinction 10 years ago [before the Demon Crown took them over].

There's probably more, but I'm stopping for now :p

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:55 AM
In a slight tangent off of that post:
Do two enraged mimigas who have a child give birth to a normal mimiga?

(This arose from the saved the species thing, btw. I'm not TOTALLY crazy)

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Lace said:
In a slight tangent off of that post:
Do two enraged mimigas who have a child give birth to a normal mimiga?

(This arose from the saved the species thing, btw. I'm not TOTALLY crazy)

Well... @_@

If I assume getting transformed into a Mimiga is a permanent change and if I assume that's how Mimigas first started...
Aka, humans turned into Mimigas, and now they have Mimiga children...

If I assume that, then ...

I really have no clue! I mean, if the child is not exposed to any Red Flower stuff, then I might tend to think the child would be ...
I'd guess it can't be totally normal. I don't think it would be just another Ravil, but if two frenzied Mimigas had a child [if it is possible], I would like to think the child would be sane, but it would have a high chance of some unique characteristics or defects.

On the other hand if an already pregnant Mimiga is exposed to Red Flower, the child would most likely be GREATLY affected. Maybe... like that alien scene... RAWR :p:pignon2:

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
if there was some sort of emergency and the mimiga were driven to extinction they might need the red flowers again
that or you can't destroy them

or maybe jenka is using them for some other purpose

Jun 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Bit late to the punch, sexy.

Jun 8, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Red flowers are like HIV. They're permanent, but don't necessarily transfer to an infant.

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:23 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The same thing happens in real life. Why do we still have a sample of small pox in a laboratory somewhere? Ideally, we'd never have to release it, but one can never accurately predict all future events. It's a "just in case" type deal.

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I thought it could be like the other guy said, the resulting normal mimiga could be like bipolar, and after flying into a rage would suddenly become stronger.