Where did the talksprites for human sue come from?

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:56 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
they never appear in game. why do they exist?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:16 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I saw them on the wiki. But, they never appear in game. Or anywhere for that matter. So, why do they exist?
You mean you never saw the human Sue facepic in the vanilla Face.bmp file?

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:17 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
no

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 11:04 AM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
"Dummied Out - When some feature, level, monster or something else was meant to be put in a game but ultimately ended up getting cut out for whatever reason. Except instead of deleting the data entirely, the programmers just remove all legitimate ways to access it, leaving pieces of it in the game code (textures, models, sprites, etc.). For instance, setting the game so a particular enemy never actually spawns, or removing all entrances to a level that was never finished." - TVTropes
"Human Sue" talksprites are associated with Beta Cave Story. I'm not sure how exactly, perhaps initially Sue was supposed to be a human.

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:14 PM
Based Member
Yep, like the others have said, it's another piece of art that never ended up getting used because plans changed during development. Like the beast fang, the white creature from NpcCent, the owl from NpcEggs1, the soldier mimiga and brown haired dude from NpcGuest, the sideways flying Gaudi sprites from NpcMaze, the sprites of human Sue in NpcMiza, the flying puppy sprite from NpcSand, various things in the lower region of NpcSym, and the Midorin-like creatures at the bottom of NpcWeed.

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:56 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Yep, like the others have said, it's another piece of art that never ended up getting used because plans changed during development. Like the beast fang, the white creature from NpcCent, the owl from NpcEggs1, the soldier mimiga and brown haired dude from NpcGuest, the sideways flying Gaudi sprites from NpcMaze, the sprites of human Sue in NpcMiza, the flying puppy sprite from NpcSand, various things in the lower region of NpcSym, and the Midorin-like creatures at the bottom of NpcWeed.
And don't forget The Doctor telling spritesheet viewers to fuck off

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:22 PM
Based Member
And don't forget The Doctor telling spritesheet viewers to fuck off
Haha yep, totally forgot about that one until you mentioned it again.

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:48 PM
War criminal
A version of that sprite is used, that's actually for when he holds the red Crystal. Maybe Pixel was planning to make a separate entity until he was either reminded or realized that <CNP existed?

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:56 PM
Based Member
True, it is technically used, it's just partially obstructed by the red crystal when it's used in the game, making that sprite alone look weird.