What would be the Credit13 in the credit pictures?

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:22 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
When I was messing around with Resource Hacker, I noticed that:
Screenshot.png
My guess is that maybe Daisuke just forgot to rename the files, or there exist this missing file somewhere in CS Beta or something. It's between Curly and Quote flying with Balrog, and Quote carrying Curly on Sacred Grounds, so it would be some picture showing something about that.

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:34 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
i have a question does the person who translates the mod also translate all the files?
like NpcSand or something would orignialy have been like $*(^#&*(%&#$* if those were japanese characters

because what if the translator just messed up the credit numbers

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:38 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The filenames are the same in the original Japanese version. Even the folders they're in too, the difference is the main folder says "doukutsu" and not "CaveStory".

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:44 PM
The filenames are the same in the original Japanese version. Even the folders they're in too, the difference is the main folder says "doukutsu" and not "CaveStory".
how though????
does he speak english or something

Jun 18, 2018 at 7:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's common to use English names in programming because historically computers did not support other character sets very well

Jun 18, 2018 at 7:34 PM
It's common to use English names in programming because historically computers did not support other character sets very well
thats crazy!!!

i guess thats good because making stuff is easier so i dont have to try to guess what NpcSand is

Jun 19, 2018 at 3:35 AM
Based Member
As for why CREDIT13 was left out, it may be because 13 is considered an unlucky number and is altogether skipped in some numbering systems. For example, many tall buildings in New York City skip the number 13 in their floor numbering scheme for this reason. Although having 13 as an unlucky number originated in Western culture, the Japanese have over time also adopted 13 as an unlucky number.