What the FUCK noxid!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2011 at 4:42 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What the FUCK noxid!?

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.
Well forums, it is with great regret that I must inform you that our beloved and benevolent ruler "Noxid" isn't all the fuck he's chalked up to be.

I don't know how much you know about me and noxid, but our relationship goes a bit farther back then I would like it to. During his first few days on the forum, I presumed noxid was a rl friend of mine who I had coaxed into joining the forums after many months of struggle. I was really close to this friend, and even though I greeted him by code words only he would know, Noxid never attempted to tell me I was talking to the wrong person. So the saga of deceit began.

Over the following years, and even months, noxid kept trying to get me closer and closer to him. When he wanted to "learn" how to hack, he first asked me, and when I declined, begged gir to teach him some tricks. We were all oblivious to the fact that he was already a master hacker, and had only befriended us to steal our ideas. Yes. that is the sad truth of it. For a little under a year before the wiiware release, I had been working on a 2x graphics replica of cave story. I had put blood, sweat, and tears into this, and one night over visitor messages, noxid asked me what I had been working on.

So I told him.

Just a month or two later, noxid (and GIR, who, by this point, he had won over) proclaimed creation of a 2x res hacked facilitated by noxid's stolen powers. I, being the reasonable guy that I am, said that was pretty cool. If a newb could do such a hack, then they deserve praise.

But one by one I kept losing my ideas to noxid - he took and implemented my pxtone.dll idea over the evernote we shared. he waded through my documentation of hacks I was doing for dragonboots, and proclaimed mastery of ones I had already demonstrated I knew how to do. eventually, one col night on irc, I said I wanted to make a particle system. After hours of coding on my part (figuring out differential equations involving linear algebra, optimization through the use of spacial hashing, and the evntual creation of a minimized table and code) noxid said he would help me with the implementation (the fuck? IMPLEMENTATION!?). Obviously that, too, was stolen for use in king's story.

Tonight was different.
GIR has been noticing things noxid has been taking too, and we were all three on irc together tonight. The three musketeers! Glory be. Today we decided to make a page about pxtones on wikipedia. Not only did noxid steal my account, but he invalidated all my claims, erased all my contributions, and even posted how "pxtones were implemented in king's story by n0xid of the cave story forums". The FUCK.

MY FUCKING HACK
MY FUCKING WIKI PAGE

I'm too goddamn tired for all this shit.
hopefully someone else will speak up.

Edit: April fools.

May 3, 2011 at 4:44 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Re: What the FUCK noxid!?

Honestly I can't tell if anyone is serious on these forums anymore

May 3, 2011 at 4:48 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

I've personally known Noxid for a long time, and he's seemed like a mentor to me. I've always respected both his ability as a hacker/ modder, but also his personality; he's always very honest and nice.

Now that I see that both of those things are based around deceit and lies, I'm beginning to think differently of him. I see now how he's put down pxtone creations on his youtube account (n0xid), claiming them as his own, a thin veiled disguise of which I suspended my belief in. I have terminated our friendship on the forums, and until he clears his name, I refuse to speak to him again.

May 3, 2011 at 4:50 AM

sexplosive said:
I see now how he's put down pxtone creations on his youtube account (n0xid), claiming them as his own, a thin veiled disguise of which I suspended my belief in..

Yeah I really can't stand this.
I'm sick of your shit noxid, I won't rest until you're no longer a mod >:|

May 3, 2011 at 4:52 AM
Hey.

Good job, Noxid!

May 3, 2011 at 5:07 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Hah, I can't believe you're bringing this up. Hacking is hacking - taking advantages of weakness in a system to acheive a goal. Just because I took advantage of *YOU* doesn't mean you need to get all pissy.

And you call yourself a hacker.

May 3, 2011 at 5:09 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

What.

May 3, 2011 at 5:11 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
My balogna has a middle name!

cultr1 said:
Honestly I can't tell if anyone is serious on these forums anymore

I second that.

I mean, I THINK Noxid's comment is a joke, but I'm not sure. And Lace's actually sounds serious.

May 3, 2011 at 5:21 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."

...wow. Well. This is sudden, and I have no idea what to think since I'm fairly new around here. I seriously hope this is just a joke, I'd like to hear GIR's word on the matter.

...and as much as I hope it is, I realize it probably isn't. Noxid, if you seriously went through with what Lace says you did... just wow. I was so fond with where King's Story was going, but if it's built off this sort of thing, I think I just lost interest. I'll leave it at that for now until GIR says something.

May 3, 2011 at 5:23 AM
"Huzzah!"

Noxid said:
Hah, I can't believe you're bringing this up. Hacking is hacking - taking advantages of weakness in a system to acheive a goal. Just because I took advantage of *YOU* doesn't mean you need to get all pissy.

reading that post that lace made just shocked me completly...
i couldnt really believe it after only i read your comment.
you got me started on scripting and modding... not yet hacking tho
but every time i asked you something.. you generously helped
and just gave away your knowledge... but now i see another side of you.

do you, a probably 16+ year old guy think that taking advantage of someone is right, or shouldnt get him pissy? are you fucking kidding?

you took all this guys work and claimed it as yours. i bet you didnt feel good when that kid that started modding off kings story claimed a mod of his own...
but you did an entire different thing!
you just took this guys entire work, which was HARD!
which took time, which took effort... and claimed it yours... just threw it in his face. do YOU think its right??
and another thing, you could do something about that king story modder
but lace... he cant do anything about what youre doing to him consistantly.

noxid... if you cant see what your doing from someone elses eyes...
i guess youre just a psychopath.

fuck you noxid. seriously.

May 3, 2011 at 5:27 AM
Absentee Modder
Renamed it Again, BTW

I'm gonna wait for further information before I pass judgement. It's been 40 minutes.

May 3, 2011 at 5:33 AM
/end
Re: Renamed it Again, BTW

DT and Gir are both replying to this thread. Oh snap!

May 3, 2011 at 5:34 AM
Absentee Modder
My balogna has a royal title!

MetaSeraphim said:
DT and Gir are both replying to this thread. Oh snap!

Yep. I think MJ in your sig has a pretty good attitude about all this.

EDIT: HAD a pretty good attitude. And Colbert looks terrified about it...
And boob-carrying guy has a pretty good attitude about EVERYTHING.

Alright, I'm done being offtopic... FOR NOW.

May 3, 2011 at 5:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

This has been going on for awhile, but up until now, I've just been too dumb to see it.

What lace said about the hacking is true. A bunch of my hacks (like some TSC hacks and the title screen) have been "stolen" by noxid. I gave him some earlier versions of WTF Story, and he subsequently lifted the hacks off of the modified executable. I didn't think too much of it, since we're both modders and modders share with eachother, but recently it's been getting out of control.

In the most recent release of his mod, he has both a stolen org by me and a stolen hack. The org he stole was "Pink Gabriel", which is the death theme (the one that plays when king dies). I showed it to him when I was working on it, and he just went and put it in his mod. The same goes for the options menu hack.

And it's ironic that he says that it's all fair in the world of hacking, when he has placed strict regulations around "his" double resolution hack. The hack, which he didn't even make, is only allowed to be used by other modders if you fill out a form and submit it to him. What kind of tyranny is that?

Anyways I think Noxid's stepping over the line now, and that something should be done.

May 3, 2011 at 5:37 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ

I suggest that we take down noxid's thread, or at the very least lock it. Lace and GIR aren't allowing him to use their content anymore, and we've decided that that should result in halting development until the mod has 100% original content, or content that is appropriated from other users.

And don't try to weasel your way out of this noxid, you took down someone else's mod on the same principal.

May 3, 2011 at 5:42 AM
/end

jed37 said:
Yep. I think MJ in your sig has a pretty good attitude about all this.

EDIT: HAD a pretty good attitude. And Colbert looks terrified about it...
And boob-carrying guy has a pretty good attitude about EVERYTHING.

Alright, I'm done being offtopic... FOR NOW.

I have it where my sig changes between like 30 different images or some such.

Anyway, this is all rather interesting. I half expect the same thing that happened to DB and Fire to happen to Noxid.

May 3, 2011 at 5:42 AM

Noxid, I used to look up to you. I would enjoy your company whenever I could, and I could often. But this? I can't even look back on all those times without regretting each and every one.
You, sir, were the reason I started modding. You, sir, introduced me to pxtone, ORG making, all of it.
I don't even know what to think of these forums anymore, this place is starting to suck.

May 3, 2011 at 5:45 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"

I knew there was something wrong with you Noxid. Nice job on making yourself so "large". Be careful on your next ego-trip, hopefully you don't get caught.

May 3, 2011 at 5:46 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."

Well... I'm honestly a bit crushed, Noxid. Before I was looking forward to King's Story, hell- you're one the handful of people that convinced me to join this forum. It was your sort of work that I wanted to support. But taking advantage of others like that? No. That's not something I can support. Not when you don't give credit where credit is due.

Noxid said:

...and seriously? Are people just more code to you for you to manipulate? People aren't programs. People aren't something for you to heartlessly utilize for your own advancement. People are there for mutual cooperation and support, not for you to backstab on a whim. You should be ashamed.

May 3, 2011 at 5:46 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I really can't believe you guys are going off the handle like this. So I took some hacks, I don't see anybody crying for Pixel when we take his entire game. With that other mod, I didn't actually go after it but I just followed everyone else's sentiment. Why not, if it'll benefit me? It's survival of the fittest and I think you guys just can't deal with it.

I've been hassled on the IRC for the past hour now and I think I'm just about fed up. I'm banning myself and I am through modding. Enjoy your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.