What movies will you see in 2014?

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I dunno, just watched the Godzilla trailer and really hyped now.
So, what movies are you guys going to see in 2014?
(Has this thread been done already? If it has, I apologize, not really used to these kind of threads.)

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Um, I'm not really into movies.
Definitely the AVGN movie, but I probably sound real silly for saying that, haha.

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
These next couple of years look promising for movies.

I'm excited for these 2014 movies:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Cap is my second favorite Avenger)
Possibly How to Train Your Dragon 2
Anything by Pixar
300: Rise of an Empire
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hunger Games: The Mockingjay part 1
The Hobbit: There are Back again. (The battle of five armies is going to be so epic)

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:54 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
HaydenStudios said:
Anything by Pixar
/\ This.

I love how Pixar keeps Entertainment family friendly.

After watching Wreck -it-Ralf, I will never trust Disney to do anything animated again.

Pixar everything.

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Bombchu Link said:
/\ This.

I love how Pixar keeps Entertainment family friendly.

After watching Wreck -it-Ralf, I will never trust Disney to do anything animated again.

Pixar everything.
Same here, Pixar has never ceased to astound me.
As for anything but animated, it'll be those blockbuster movies that come in the summer that such captivating trailers but the movie itself is horrible

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Bombchu Link said:
Well, I suppose you're right, because Disney never made a "Wreck-it Ralf"; however, I did love "Wreck it Ralph". At first, I wasn't keen on seeing "Frozen", but now I'm curious. I think I'm going to see it tomorrow.

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:47 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Random-storykeeper said:
Well, I suppose you're right, because Disney never made a "Wreck-it Ralf"; however, I did love "Wreck it Ralph". At first, I wasn't keen on seeing "Frozen", but now I'm curious. I think I'm going to see it tomorrow.

Lol. +10 sassy points for you, m'lady.

Anyway, I don't pay attention to movies. I just wanted to reply to RSK.
(Wreck-it-Ralph is great btw, but I still love classic Disney animation. Too bad it's practically gone extinct now)

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Bombchu Link said:
Uhh.. what are you talking about? Wreck-It-Ralph was a great movie. And you do realise that Disney entire foundation was built on animation, and that Disney owns Pixar, right?

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:10 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Wreck-it-Ralph was great, hoping for a possible sequel alongside Tron 3, pirates of the Caribbean, star wars, anything of Pixar and artemis fowl

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Beakface
Wild Desu said:
Lol. +10 sassy points for you, m'lady.

Anyway, I don't pay attention to movies. I just wanted to reply to RSK.
(Wreck-it-Ralph is great btw, but I still love classic Disney animation. Too bad it's practically gone extinct now)
I know CG is all the rage these days, but classic Disney animation will always have that tinge of nostalgia in me. Right now, it feels like Studio Ghibli is all that's left of hand drawn animated movies that make it to theatres.

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Perpetually out of it
Random-storykeeper said:
Right now, it feels like Studio Ghibli is all that's left of hand drawn animated movies that make it to theatres.
Don't get me wrong, I love Studio Ghibli (and it's a shame that Hayao Miyazaki left, too), but what about the creators of other animated movies like Summer Wars and Wolf Children? (Not sure which Animation studio, but I'm pretty sure they were the same studio.)
I thought those movies were great. Also loved all the recent ghibli movies, just all Masterpieces.

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Beakface
Nadojin said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Studio Ghibli (and it's a shame that Hayao Miyazaki left, too), but what about the creators of other animated movies like Summer Wars and Wolf Children? (Not sure which Animation studio, but I'm pretty sure they were the same studio.)
I thought those movies were great. Also loved all the recent ghibli movies, just all Masterpieces.
I've actually never heard of those two movies you mentioned. Are they also hand drawn?

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Perpetually out of it
Well, mostly hand-drawn, but admittedly with some slight CGI here and there in Summer Wars. I'm pretty sure Wolf Children is all hand-drawn though.
Summer Wars is a very family-friendly movie, (considering it centers around family) with tons of action and comedy here and there, combined with an interesting premise.
Wolf Children is basically werewolves done right, and in a really, really adorable fashion I might add. Centers around parenthood and growing up. For more mature audiences.
I recommend them both. I'm pretty sure both movies were released in America and have DvD version, or you could stream them online on some sites.

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Been here way too long...
Serenity, Silence of the Lambs, and a few Studio Whargarbl movies are on my computer, waiting to be viewed.
Oh did you mean which new releases will I watch in 2014? Probably very few, as I'm getting tired of Hollywood's bullshit.

Dec 11, 2013 at 5:28 AM
War criminal
So no love for Bill And Ted 3? :/

Dec 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
andwhyisit said:
Uhh.. what are you talking about? Wreck-It-Ralph was a great movie. And you do realise that Disney entire foundation was built on animation, and that Disney owns Pixar, right?

I know that Disney owns Pixar, but whenever Disney does anything animated on it's own it screws up really bad imo.

I didn't like Wreck-It-Ralph because the second half of the movie felt like a strawberry shortcake movie. -_-

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Well it's a kids movie, isn't it? Unlessyoure referring to the girls of sugar rush being like the girls from strawberry shortcake. That's still a dumb reason not to like it though. And personally I thought the designs and concepts for the sugar rush girls were pretty kawaii

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
HTTYD 2 is definitely on my to-watch list.

Random-storykeeper said:
I've actually never heard of those two movies you mentioned. Are they also hand drawn?
Never heard of Summer Wars? What?!

Wild Desu said:
No! Bad Weaboo.

Wild Desu said:
Well it's a kids movie, isn't it?
Uh no. Considering the number of references throughout the movie that are targeted at older audiences. Let me know if you've ever come across a kid who's played Tapper.