What games are on your "MUST BUY" list next and why?

Aug 13, 2004 at 4:14 PM
Penguin Administrator
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
There's a rush of new games coming out starting at the end of August and which ones are you going to spend your money on?

Pikmin 2
The difference between this sequel to the original is that there is no time limit. This is a change that I embrace. : ) In the first Pikmin, there was a 30 day timelimit for ?? parts. It was nearly impossible to get all parts within that timelimit without having a faq or replaying the game over and over. Once you get to the higher level and suffered great casualties and needed more Pikmins, there really was no day that you can waste gathering all of your Pikmins again. This was the problem that ultimately made go stop playing the game after being addicted to it for a very long time. I'm worried about the other changes made to the game like an additional assistant to Captain Olimar , the plot difference of not being a life or death situation for Olimar anymore, and more varieties of Pikmins. Keeping track of three Pikmin groups was hectic enough, so I am a little worried. But this is a game that I definitely want to buy. I really want to play a Pikmin game without that day limit issue.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:39 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I am bumping this thread because it's the second oldest thread on the forums. The oldest was in Forum Announcements and Rules, and I thought it would be rude to screw around in there. Also, PenPen's post is so lonely up there! It needs company.
But I do have a must buy list: Cave Story, StarCraft II, HL2: Episode Three and (eventually) Portal 2 are coming out soon. That is what I keep telling myself, anyway.
I'd make a comment about Pikmin, but I really don't think PenPen would care.
EPIC BUMP FOR GREAT ARCHAEOLOGICAL JUSTICE!

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:40 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
I WANT PIKMIN 3 TO BE CREATED!!!

Seriously. I loved those games.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:06 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Yeah pikmin 2 was pretty awesome.

I'm not waiting for too many games (the new 2d sonic game in the works sounds interesting, but I'll have to wait and see because of how shitty most of the recent ones were) but Resident evil, Devil May Cry, and Metal Gear are all series I'm following. Oh and I'm planning to get FF13.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yeah Then New Sonic Game Looks Pretty Cool
Its Coming Out On Ipod Touch :D
Theres A Brand new trailer Out And All Other Bits And Bobs At

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com

Check it out :p

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Apart from the obvious Cave Story Wii, I'm intrigued by the trailer for Metroid: Other M (Is that still what they're calling it? :|), it almost looks like a 2.5d Metroid which is cool. I think I'd definitely want to give it a try.

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Bioshock 2.
I don't need to explain it.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Metroid M is going to combine 2.5D gameplay with 3D gameplay. I think Team Ninja and Nintendo can pull it off, so now I want to buy a Wii even more badly.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
The Metroid game does actually look pretty good, but my sights are set more on Monster Hunter Tri. May first.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Monster Hunter? Someone's still making Monster Hunter stuff? I watched that show when I was too young to understand wtf was going on (still don't).
But the show isn't on anymore, right?

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I don't think Monster Hunter had a TV show, perhaps you're thinking of Monster Rancher? (I remember watching that show on the cable TV). Monster Hunter, if I recall, had some pretty decent reviews.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Battlefield Bad Company 2, for the multiplayer. It's much more slow paced and tactical than Call of Duty, which I'm getting extremely bored of.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Noxid said:
I don't think Monster Hunter had a TV show, perhaps you're thinking of Monster Rancher? (I remember watching that show on the cable TV). Monster Hunter, if I recall, had some pretty decent reviews.
Yeah, I was thinking of Monster Rancher. The Monster Rancher game for PS1 was kick-ass, guys. I thought they were making a third one, meaning there would be a sequel I didn't know about. So disappointed.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Banned
Captain Fabulous said:
Yeah, I was thinking of Monster Rancher. The Monster Rancher game for PS1 was kick-ass, guys. I thought they were making a third one, meaning there would be a sequel I didn't know about. So disappointed.

This. This is not Monster Rancher.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:32 PM
In Soviet Russia, monster hunts YOU!!!

This thread is really making me wish I had a console. Stop it.

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Apparently a new Zelda Wii is coming out this year, as was confirmed by Nintendo. I await E3, but Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, and Halo: Reach are on my list...

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Banned
Aren't they a little busy with Spirit Tracks, though?

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:14 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Fire1052 said:
Aren't they a little busy with Spirit Tracks, though?

Don't speak'a those words :[

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:39 AM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Right now?

- Monster Hunter Tri (I've never played any of them, but I never stop hearing great things and I think it's time to give it a shot)

- Metroid: Other M

- Super Mario Galaxy 2

- Sonic the Hedgehog 4

- Diablo III

(well, crap, looking at the date of the last reply this was a slight necro in its own right, blame Capt. Fab for linking it elsewhere)