WD's Crafty Cave Story Stuffs

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Hello friends.

I've been trying to find things to do with my time while at the same time earning some money for my crippling heroin addiction. So I thought, what better way than to make and sell stuff that might appeal to my friends or people on the internet?! :chin:
I began whipping up little Cave Story themed plushies and charms here and there and opened up an Etsy store for them. I don't have a lot of experience with online selling so I tested it on DoubleThink and Dinny first (considering they were the few friends interested in my little project). And it all worked out in the end...mostly!

Here's the link to my store. I don't have much in it at the moment, but I'm planning on stocking it with more little things real soon. Also I'm up for any suggestions on what you want to see there, though I can't guarantee that I'll do it. I'm not only sticking to Cave Story things either. Right now I've made some MLP themed things to appeal to the general populace of the internet, and I'll probably throw some of my other stuff non-series related on there too.

Here's some other stuff I've made and plan on selling/have already sold. Apologies for my awful camera:

p176071-0-jznuhog.png

Curly's Panties and Ma Pignon charm (available!)
XrQiKCX.jpg

Sue's Fish Necklace (unavailable)
p176071-2-urmif8e.png

Iron Bond Keychain (unavailable)
p176071-3-qolee3o.png

My Little Pony Fluttershy Bracelet (available!)

p176071-4-jj2clda.png

Life pot necklace (unavailable)

2M1JiF8.jpg

Felt critters (unavailable)

More to come. Maybe.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
These are really cute. I might have to order something once I get some more funds and a way to pay you :p

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Best Cow
What materials have you used to make these? They look like they were made professionally! :)

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM
daughter of chivalry
MagicDoors said:
These are really cute. I might have to order something once I get some more funds and a way to pay you :p
Paypal is preferred

TLincoln said:
What materials have you used to make these? They look like they were made professionally! :)
Thank you :) I usually use polymer clay (sculpey), and roving (felt) for the needle felted plushes. All other materials are listed under the products in the store.

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
That seems nice no homo.

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
A satisfied customer showing off his warez:
diph.php
Feets are optional, but I decided to keep them for now :mahin: As you can see, provided it's not something overly complex she can probably make it for you if suggested. This is naturally a great fit for what's in Cave Story thanks to its minimalist style. Or, if something from elsewhere is on your mind, share it and she might be able to work something out. Think of all the kitten-related potential!!!

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Professional Whatever
Maybe I should commission a big, plush Ame -w-

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM
daughter of chivalry
DoubleThink said:
A satisfied customer showing off his warez:
diph.php
Feets are optional, but I decided to keep them for now :mahin: As you can see, provided it's not something overly complex she can probably make it for you if suggested. This is naturally a great fit for what's in Cave Story thanks to its minimalist style. Or, if something from elsewhere is on your mind, share it and she might be able to work something out. Think of all the kitten-related potential!!!
Oh man thank you thank you you're the best ever ;w;! (Also no glasses? Wow)

MagicDoors said:
Maybe I should commission a big, plush Ame -w-
Lol I can't sew for beans D:

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Wild Desu said:
(Also no glasses? Wow)
I couldn't fit Basil on my nose with them, but it's alright because they're on an angle and so nobody has to stare into the empty void

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The basil looks like a cross between a white bunny rabbit and a grasshopper. Well, it's just the body shape that kind of reminds me of an insect; the craft looks absolutely adorable. I'll definitely consider getting myself one of these.

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
B-better late than never. And better with shitty shaky camera than not at all.

diph.php

Toroko's fish necklace da bomb. It's really well-made and my favorite part is that it's sculpted clay (I believe) but at a distance and at first glance it legit looks like it's metal.

So, yeah, buy from her. Outside of the few bits and pieces Nicalis releases they're the only bits of misc Cave Story merch I know of, because I've searched etsy for similar before and turned up nothing.

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
daughter of chivalry
You are my goddess <3 :D

Dec 10, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Desu how do you make so many of these with these materials?! Just...wow. Where are the other pieces of Cave Story crafts on the shop though? (Toroko's pendant, Iron Bond keychain, etc.) All I can find is the needlecraft critter set. Oh wait never mind found it.
Are there going to be more of these in the future?

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:02 AM
daughter of chivalry
Haha, so many? I usually make like one thing and then I'm down for the count. The real professional crafters make things in bulk. And yeah those already got sold to DT and Donny.

And yeah maybe. Depends on how many people are interested.

EDIT: Huge thanks to whoever ordered the oLife Poto necklace :D

Dec 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Man...I wish I had a bit of money. Or any way of paying you. Or a lack of paranoia regarding my address. Because then I would totally buy from you! D:

These look really lovely. Excellent work! I hope your store sells well!

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:46 PM
daughter of chivalry
So my critters just got sold and I don't really have anymore Cave Story stuff left in my store aside from the charms. I want to restock but I'd like to get some ideas from you guys on what I should make next to give it some variety. If ya'll could contribute that'd be most swell.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I am sad that you can't sew otherwise I would commission a life-size Mahin to snuggle

When I get money I'll probably pick up one of the Life Pots if you restock those.

Jan 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Maybe you can try making a Life Capsule keychain or a Chinfish charm? :chin:

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:21 AM
daughter of chivalry
I actually was working on a chinfish charm but the mouth wasn't coming out right so I gave up (for now). I could always needle-felt a Mahin too.

These are great suggestions guys. Keep em coming :3

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:22 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
If I had money, I would buy something. In my opinion, I would love to have a model of King's blade on a chain like a necklace. I don't know if it would be hard to make, but I know I would love to have something like that.