vorC

Should I make a quick speedrunnable version of this?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 11, 2018 at 8:22 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Oops I made a complete mod for once.
I'm gonna skip the formalities and say that this mod has some extreme levels of low effort but it was still something I wanted to not leave unfinished.
There's no special meaning behind it either so have fun coming with that for yourself.

Use arrow keys to move on the map and press z to enter a level, by the way.

Download
Drive | Dropbox

Also special credits to enlightened for the death animation hack I borrowed.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 12:03 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Can I have some screenshots from the mod? Something promising?
No.

upload_2018-3-11_6-58-36.png
upload_2018-3-11_6-59-48.png
upload_2018-3-11_7-0-24.png

It's an obstacle course thing. Imagine Walrus_Guy's chinfish course on a slightly larger scale with less polishing.

I kinda liked it.

Mar 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Mar 11, 2018 at 12:52 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Clearly you haven't seen everything.
I got to the spikes at the end, died and there was no game over screen, but it brought me back to the menu. I assumed that is all?

Mar 11, 2018 at 1:42 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Ok i beat the last fire flaming guy boss thing
it has a LOT OF HEALTH

that was pretty neat also does the graveyard guys when they swing is that the same sound as the blade level 2 shwakakakakplhsh something like that

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:47 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Some mods need screenshots, and some mods deserve a blind playthrough :]
Fun concept, reminds me of a super mario EXE horror atmosphere. Though not scary enough. lol
I think it could have been a nice cave story EXE without the super mario attributes, but it *did* grab my attention the moment I saw that map screen. "This is different!"

It provided the hook and kept me going to see what would happen. That ending ;) Could have liked it expanded further, but nice work!

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:52 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Oops I made a complete mod for once.
I'm gonna skip the formalities and say that this mod has some extreme levels of low effort but it was still something I wanted to not leave unfinished.
There's no special meaning behind it either so have fun coming with that for yourself.

Use arrow keys to move on the map and press z to enter a level, by the way.

Download
Drive | Dropbox

Also special credits to enlightened for the death animation hack I borrowed.
The lack of polish and information in this thread bugs me 0_0

But yeah. I have yet to play it, but it looks pretty cool from the screenshots Cyber posted. I will edit this post when I'm done.

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:58 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Mysterious mods are my jam.

It's been a while. Let's do this.

I know you said it in the OP that you were very apathetic about the release of this mod, but that doesn't exempt you from at least putting the files into their own folder.

p363183-0-o9yiqfl.png

The cutscene itself doesn't inspire confidence, but the recolored tiles have me intrigued.

I just want to note that the game crashes if you don't have the Profile.dat that came with the mod included in the mod's folder, and that said crash can lock up your computer if you happen to be running it in fullscreen. Not a fan.

p363183-1-wtaz0pi.png

whoa

I appreciate how the game autosaves your progress if you happen to die during one of these levels.

p363183-2-qk8foti.png

I'm also especially interested in how you killed the player in what appears to be a long TSC event. That is, should you fall into the spike pit.
Given a later bug that I mentioned, you can also be stranded in the pit of spikes for a while before they finally kill you if you happen to go in with max health. Could've sprinkled some death spikes into there.

p363183-3-pzx9csu.png

ooo
I like the music in this place.

You can also notice that I have a full health bar here; if you go into the poison air level and heal, you can go back out and beat another level to autosave you having full health.
If you're adamant on having the player be at low health after this point, you can use a combination of <ML+ and characters that give negative values to lower the player's max health to the value you want before resetting it to 55.

p363183-4-oyjsuhc.png

Who is this Chaba fellow? You always hear about him in these mods, but you never get to meet him...

p363183-5-l6ldrak.png

Top 10 Moments Before Disaster

I would stop here, but I believe I heard mentions of more content in the thread. Time for another look!

p363183-6-p1cd9ew.png

p363183-7-zexowur.png

Can't open my inventory, either...

Time to break the "go right" trope and go left.

p363183-8-nwuy8et.png

that gosh darn heartburn is acting up again

p363183-9-rdpo5uj.png

Time for things to get interesting. Also, really neat idea with the placing of blocks. Not sure how to constantly check for the direction inputs, but I assume the entity in question is a grate due to prior experimentation.
Also also, really strange usage of spacing here.

p363183-10-rrn7dzk.png

Or I could just, yknow, unscrew the cap. Or smash it on the floor.

p363183-11-yf6soxz.png

what in the

Hoo boy, the thread sure wasn't kidding when they said that this thing has an absurd amount of health...

Also tried going right at the black place and was met with an endless path. Guess my instincts were right.

p363183-12-chy3wvn.png

Bit hard to prove since I can't show you my inventory now, but I beat it without using the convenient jar of weapon energy. The Blade's just that good... though I will admit that I ended up picking up enough experience just by hanging out underneath the boss to level it up to Level 2.

p363183-13-avypkfc.png

See You Space Cowboy...

Decided to boot up the game again because I'm a rebel and uh
p363183-14-znbquxb.png

you okay there, not-quote?

Doesn't look like the life refill in the poison air level will work anymore.

Actually, NO source of health heals you now. Permanently stuck on 0HP.

p363183-15-h7hb1u9.png

ha, there's my proof

I wonder what will happen if I use it outside of its intended map?
Answer: absolutely nothing

By the way, the hearts in this pit could have been set to their alternate direction to prevent them from almost disappearing near the end of the fall.

p363183-16-zgphvrg.png

oh?
Leaving this textbox brings me directly to the boss fight. Weird. Also, no <KEY meant I could wander around as I pleased while the textbox was up.

No <KEYs at all after that textbox, for that matter.

Decided to beat the boss without the jar again for laughs...
p363183-17-gliwfmm.png

... and did it in one try.

Ironically, the easiest way to beat the boss is to spawn all of your blocks into the platform you start on and then just get into a pattern of jumping over a Fire Whirr projectile while constantly hitting the boss with the Blade.

All in all, this was a pretty neat mod if very, very short. I liked the various tricks it made use of. Some of the levels probably could've been designed to make use of them a little more, though, like the very last one with the blocks; as I mentioned, I actually found it easier to beat it without the blocks than with them.

Last edited: