Very bad mod thing

Jul 14, 2022 at 3:46 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 4:49 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm trying to get back to the modding scene so here is a small mod i made just to test things out. Might develop into a boss rush mod or something idk
Okay, but you haven't provided a link to download the mod.

Jul 14, 2022 at 11:20 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Interesting little mod you've posted here. When I first loaded this mod up, I was a dufus and totally missed that door you added at the starting point, and instead just played through the game like normal except with the Spur, wondering if anything else would change, and then eventually stopped after I reached Sue at the end of the Egg Corridor. Then when I reloaded, I realized you added a door leading to another room.

The Igor/Morbius boss fight was... interesting. Not very hard with the Spur. I got a good chuckle out of the fact that once you drain his health, you don't actually win, he just says "ain't no way" and keeps fighting. The main problem with this is that if you hit the final blow with a charged spur shot, then you'll have a bunch of "ain't no way" messages in rapid succession. All part of the experience, I'm sure.

One thing that may not have been intended, is that if you open the chest and then come back, it looks like this:
CSModIDK-01.png

Also, the flag for getting the Polar Star is the same flag that gets set when you take the Spur. So if you open one chest, the other magically goes into its empty state. In the above picture, I grabbed the Polar Star from Hermit Gunsmith and then came back to this room.

Also, it seems that it's possible to go into the bossfight with no weapons, so that's a fun form of execution.

Putting aside all cheeky remarks, I do actually have to admit, having those rising platforms integrated with the boss fight was pretty creative. With some more planning, that could make a genuinely good boss battle.

Jul 15, 2022 at 8:13 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you for the feedback, I will make sure that future versions have the starting door inaccessible in order to prevent regular progression.

Jul 16, 2022 at 4:52 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Technically, it's not anything bad that you can still progress normally. It would be funny to play through the game and get all equipped with more life capsules, weapons, and then come back with the Booster 2.0 and then play the Igor boss fight.