This is my first time playing through and I'm battling misery does anybody have any tactics

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:35 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Like I said in the title because for some reason I have to add this message thing I'm battling misery does anybody have any tactics

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:44 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
what weapons/booster do you have?

general tips are
  • don't get hit by the falling blocks
  • never go above the solid black bubbles. you want to keep moving and just dash under them
  • the bats are nice for health, but for some reason hearts are not worth it if they are under a falling block.
other than that just take it slow and don't get hit by the falling blocks.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:46 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Glag pretty much said it, those are the main tactics you'd want to use. I might also add that you probably want to avoid using up your missiles when fighting Misery, because you will have more battles ahead of you and you won't get to refill your ammo much.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:26 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If you get hit by a block then just reset. Trying to heart farm from bats rarely works. If you want to get through this fight then you need to focus on misery, because she announces when she is about to fire orbs or drop blocks, and you need to be on the move when it happens.

If you can't fit under her circling orbs and don't have the spur then wait until she moves.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2017 at 9:25 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If you keep getting hit all the time just try to stand as close to her as you can and when something hits you, just get hit by the black circle. It only deals 1 damage so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
If you keep getting hit all the time just try to stand as close to her as you can and when something hits you, just get hit by the black circle. It only deals 1 damage so you shouldn't worry about it too much.
I think the black circles do 2 damage, but misery herself does only 1. So if you want to abuse invincibility frames then slam yourself into her body.

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:03 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Practice until you can no-hit her. There are 3 more fights to congratulate you on beating misery