"The Time Traveller"

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:52 PM
"Huzzah!"
Okay, so I have this idea for a mod that you go through the island to find a gun, then you have to go through certain events to unlock abilities to travel to the past or future of each room to fix events nin time. e.g. A bridge across a bottomless pit is broken in the present, you go through some events to unlock the past of that room to stop the bridge being broken. It's going to take a while for this to release a demo since I'm busy with two different mods, and school.:debug::p

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:58 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Can you explain how the mechanics would work? How exactly would you travel between the past and the present of the room?

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:11 PM
"Huzzah!"
If you face left, you will go to the past, or if you face right, you're going to the future after you've unlocked the ability by downloading certain numbers off the computer in arthur's house through an event. I plan on sometimes, having your gun taken from you every once in a while. I also have to give some credit to lunarsoul since she's the one making the gun.

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Have you ever played braid?
That's an example of time travel mechanics done really well. As your idea is in its current state, I don't know if you could flesh it out to that point.

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM
"Huzzah!"
Lace said:
Have you ever played braid?

Yes, I have, but I'm thinking more of a PIT concept-type thing, but having events in the past effect the present as well