The new Nintendo console

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:30 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So what's everyone thinking about this new Nintendo console they announced? They're promising full HD, a complete reconstruction of online multiplayer allowing voice chat and all that jazz, and a controller that has a 6-inch screen used to stream the game so you can play in situations where the TV is needed by someone else. What's everyones thoughts on this thing?

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:08 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Apr 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Has it really been like 5 years since they released a console?
That seems like a long time.

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Noxid said:
Has it really been like 5 years since they released a console?
That seems like a long time.

Yeah, and I really hope they get it right this time. Not that I hate the Wii, but it definitely isnt nearly as good as it could have been.

Apr 17, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Hey.
This sounds pretty neat, though I don't really like the idea of a screen in the controller, it seems sort of weird to me.

Apr 17, 2011 at 4:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
p124403-0-dc.jpg

The controller will be approx. the size of a contemporary Nintendo Wii

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Drunken Applesauce said:
Yeah, and I really hope they get it right this time. Not that I hate the Wii, but it definitely isnt nearly as good as it could have been.

Agreed. The motion control is a good concept on paper, but it's VERY difficult to implement it properly without it feeling kind of hokey. Kind of ironic that some of its better games would play best on a Gamecube controller.

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I wish they would drop the whole motion controls stuff. I mean, this is basically why I only play the Wii for the Wiiware and Virtual Console. It would be nice if Nintendo stopped using these gimmicks (3D with the 3DS, for example) and mabye went back to a more classic style of gaming.

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Tpcool said:
I wish they would drop the whole motion controls stuff. I mean, this is basically why I only play the Wii for the Wiiware and Virtual Console. It would be nice if Nintendo stopped using these gimmicks (3D with the 3DS, for example) and mabye went back to a more classic style of gaming.

Nintendo's motion controls have been blown out of the water by Kinect anyway. Nintendo just needs to pick themselves back up, and make games the way they used to. No gimmicks, just awesome games.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Drunken Applesauce said:
Nintendo's motion controls have been blown out of the water by Kinect anyway. Nintendo just needs to pick themselves back up, and make games the way they used to. No gimmicks, just awesome games.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to say! The GameCube had some fantastic games, and in most aspects killed the Xbox and PS2 in quality games.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Tpcool said:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to say! The GameCube had some fantastic games, and in most aspects killed the Xbox and PS2 in quality games.

Sony and Microsoft: Meet Wind Waker. Nuff said, beeotch.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:19 AM
Been here way too long...
This is all I have to say:
p124409-0-tumblrliuzbqmmpk1qbvc38o1250.png

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:48 AM
/end
Drunken Applesauce said:
Nintendo's motion controls have been blown out of the water by Kinect anyway.

Kinect is pretty stupid though, all motion control stuff is stupid. But Kinect is really stupid.

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
whoa what? already!? i only got a wii last year... >>;
^ not if you play just dance 2 hahaha

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
no I'm gonna have to side with Meta on this one.
the Wii is a few years ahead of sony and microsoft on the whole "movement control" market, which makes releasing a product that tries to emulate it one of the stupidest marketing decisions in history and the Kinect:
a) makes you look like an idiot
b) nothing else

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Noxid said:

^ is one of the reasons why I`ll never buy a console. Screen ridiculously little and all the fun a console has can be achieved on pcs...but if you have them good on you :cool:

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:25 PM
AkitoKitty said:
^ not if you play just dance 2 hahaha
Yeah, because DDR doesn't make you look stupid at all, so flailing around without a controller must look SMOOTH, BAYBAY.
trickybilly said:
^ is one of the reasons why I`ll never buy a console. Screen ridiculously little and all the fun a console has can be achieved on pcs...but if you have them good on you :cool:
But... but... what? Small screen? Why is your computer monitor larger than your television?

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:35 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
trickybilly said:

But that's a..

p124415-0-88.jpg