Oct 17, 2018 at 4:49 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Ok, So this is my first mod, It's pretty much Quote....but a Mimiga. I made a few changes to the lore and items and also added some dialogue. Nothing much
Things that are different!
There is only one heath upgrade which adds ten hp
Quote talks
Machine Gun, now dubbed the AK-47 does 3, 6, and 9 damage instead of 2, 4, and 6.
No more bubblier.
The AK-47 can be found by extinguishing the assembly hall fireplace. Talking to Curly only gets you the greased mag. The problem is I don't know how to set it so Curly always has her AK-47
The only health upgrade you can use is in plantation with the dog. Plus 10 hp.
If you take off "My Face", you will be called a hacker by those who have different lines depending on if you wear it or not
Please let me know of any errors.
so uh...here's link to dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll7m6heh61sow10/The Mimiga Hero Mod.zip?dl=0
Current bugs.
At start up if you don't save and die. When you return to the beginning, Quote won't have his mask. This I don't know how to fix.

Curly will always have the Polar Star during Labyrinth Fight. I don't know how to fix this.

Please notify me if there's any other bugs.

Things to look forward to.

More lines for Quote.
Changed story line some more?
Maybe Quote faces? IDK I suck at photoshop. But if you want, you can help out.
Changed credit pics. This is currently being working by Mister Destroyer. Thanks btw if you are reading this.

Blade will have an actual sprite.
Don't expect much from this. It's just King's Sword.

Anyone who contributes will be mentioned in the Credits.

Fixed bugs!

There was a heath capsule that can be used but I'm not telling which one. Please if you do come across this. Reset the game to your last save or edit so your health is back to 5. Unless you re downloaded the game. In that case it should be gone.

Update!
Denville! Where Quote lives.
Quote has a house!
An unnamed Mimiga had been named.
Added lines!
Quote is no longer a stranger!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 6:21 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
To do the spoiler button
you have to
[.Spoiler], [.Spoiler]
Use the preview button to help yourself

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:03 PM
thanks

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:10 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hi, this is a nice first mod!

But I do have to say that the idea of a Mimiga being the main hero has much, much more potential. I know that there are some interesting dialog changes and the AK instead of the Machine Gun and the Life Capsules being unusable, but there definitely could be more to this.
You can make some changes to the level design, since playing with 15 HP through Cave Story is a real challenge, I'd say. You can make a different storyline with different levels based on Mimigas, since now they can trust you more. You can add more dialog to your new character and change the storyline up.

What I am saying is, you can definitely try to update and expand on this. Currently, this mod still feels like replaying Cave Story, which I wouldn't say is bad, but it's not as interesting as something original. Even if it seems difficult, it never hurts to try, right? I'm interested in what you'll make of this, if you're planning to update and add more content.

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:14 PM
It's my first mod. But don't worry. I was testing the waters so I can see if anyone would actually like the idea. I'm getting someone to help me rework the credit pics and I'm still working on it. Don't worry. This isn't the end of the Mimiga Hero

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:36 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
i like it
i havent played through all of it yet but i like it so far

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:48 PM
Glad you do.

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:12 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I liked the message changes. They are very creative and the mod is very challenging removing the life capsule usages. In my first gameplay, I died from the first spike and had to restart again. :oops: I noticed when you restart the game without saved before, Quote loses his mas- I mean, his fur and returns to be a robot, but aside of that bug, it's a good mod in my opinion!

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:21 PM
Yeah... To save time I just edited the Mimiga Mask, called it "My Face." and had it so it's equiped from the very beginning. You can tell when during the transmission theres the <IT+ sound.
There are a few bugs here and there but I'm working on them.
Also there is one heath upgrade. But only one

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:54 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yeah... To save time I just edited the Mimiga Mask, called it "My Face." and had it so it's equiped from the very beginning. You can tell when during the transmission theres the <IT+ sound.
There are a few bugs here and there but I'm working on them.
Also there is one heath upgrade. But only one

if you just do <EQ+0064 will that equip the mimiga mask without having to have it in your inventory?
i havent tried it but you can if you want

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:06 PM
if you just do <EQ+0064 will that equip the mimiga mask without having to have it in your inventory?
i havent tried it but you can if you want
The problem though is that the event happens during the "Incoming Transmission" and I don't know how to do it after so either or the bug will still exist.
Plus I decided to have fun with it and call it "My Face". Just to add a bit of humor into it.

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:20 PM
Wait. Does editing the thread notify or only replies?

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:18 AM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Wait. Does editing the thread notify or only replies?
It doesn't notify anybody or bump your thread on the main page. If you have important changes to announce (like a 1.2 version of your mod or something like that), you can post a reply describing the changes. Just don't overdo it.

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:42 AM
Ok.....just uh....look at the top now.

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:09 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah, it's advised to make an update post alongside updating the OP, makes things a whole lot more convenient (especially when the thread has more than 1 page)

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:28 AM
I'll keep that in mind next time

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:22 PM
Thank you very much
1. I am an amateur. I'm still learning how to do this shit and expanding this mod.
2. Lol, I never saw it like that. Thanks. I'll rework the sprite.
3.That item is the Mimiga Mask. Now dubbed "My Face." It's because I didn't want to rework the whole thing. So I just edited what I needed to edit
4. Thank you!
5. Spacebar.exe stopped working. Thank you for pointing that out.
6. Thank you and mistake.
7. No. It's to state the fact that he knows nothing of his life before those five years. Those five years is nothing really. The game takes place like a week or so after the doctor gets the crown.
8. It's him recording what happened so far in his diary. I should really make it a item. Reskin the beast fang and put sparkles on the bookshelf it's kept.
9. All the houses have signs. I figured since Mimiga Village has signs for location, I figured why not?
10. Period I take it? Thanks for pointing it out.
11. No. If you check Katsuya's door. Quote talks about being friends with them before the doctor took them away and wondering how he's been doing. You later meet him in Rest Area. He's the one that orignally said "I'm Exhausted" he still says that but then recognises your Quote and ask how you have been. The others can be presumed to be the other Mimigas in plantation that weren't named
12. Will make that edit.
13. I worked with what I have. But I'll try.
14. Again. Spacebar.exe stopped working.
15. See 11.
16. The names of the other Mimigas in DenVILLE are references to japanesse names from things of my childhood. Amaya was for the fact I first played Cave Story when I was 10.
17 & 18. I was feeling a little trolly and wanted to add logic to it because Mimiga can't use batteries. (At least, that's how I imagine them)
there is one health upgrade. Don't worry. The dog has learned a spell.
19.lol
20. Ah fuck. I forgot to edit those again.
21 & 22. Thank you, I will edit those.
23.That's why I asked....
24. Toroko is frighten due to Quote falling and dropping from the sky. I kinda imagine her being on edge due to the whole thing plus she says "with the doctor" refering to his lackeys. Though that is a good idea...
25. My plan is with this mod. Everything is more first person. So why would Quote ask the player to try again?
26."I can't use this." I'll figure out how to keep the capsules there. Though again. I was kinda in a trolly mood.
27.huh. I'll do that.
28 a. I can make it so Toroko was hiding from King. But the question is will she hit him?
28 b. "Sue's not here."
"Oh" *tooster leaves* kinda boring.
28 c. "I won't let you take her!"
"Try me!" Here you can tell he at least tried. Besides, fighting both of them while in that small space will be problematic and difficult. Also what if Misery teleported outside the shack area?
28 d. Is there any way to reason with King? When he was showing off "this is what happens to those who cause harm to the village" he might be too pissed to be reasoned. As stated "Does it look like I care?"

Also assembly was already edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 23, 2018 at 8:01 AM
3. The face was done for me, so I had little to edit. Besides. A little humor couldn't hurt.
7 & 8. Good idea.
9. I guess I can do that.
11. Already did. Though I need to figure out how to make him say something differant after the first time you talk to him.
25. Eh. I wanted to change it.
28 b. It would.....but maybe in a later update I can try my hand at it.
28 c. That was about Sue in tbe Cage. Though, to answer what you said. Maybe.... But more likely if I were to folllow through with the resavor idea, Toroko would be running and knocking down king again before Quote can even ask what's even going on

29. There used to be a set of stairs. You see the hanging blocks. There used to be stairs till something caused the stairs to collapse. King assumes it was some kind of earthquake. But it could be something else....

Oh and I thought you ment assembly hall. To answer that, no thanks. I got it.

Oct 23, 2018 at 2:44 PM
Thank you!

And yes I did not know

Say zxin, do you know how to change the credit pics? I followed the instructions on booster's lab but when I replace them they are blank

Last edited by a moderator: