The Last Night

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:35 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
p190158-0-tumblrndwv5vuux71qciqqno2r1500.gif

The Last Night by Tim & Adrien Soret

A short, moody, cyberpunk adventure game in the spirit of Flashback & Blade Runner. It was originally a small flash game made in 6 days, which won the cyberpunkjam.
You can play the original version here: http://timsoret.itch.io/the-last-night

Now the brothers have picked up the project and are making it into a full fledged game:
- Expect a 2D open world, made up of 4 unique districts each with distinct architecture, cultures and industries.
- Action & infiltration gameplay in the great tradition of cinematic platformers.
- Travel between districts using taxis, ferries, or monorail while trying to keep low profile.
- A diverse, inclusive cast of complex characters to interact with through meaningful, branching dialogue.
- Varied gameplay such as driving down epic highways, flying security drones, hacking droids to do your dirty work and remain undetected.
- Interactive, in-game multiple-choice events. In tricky situations, run away, argue to gain more time, or try to pull your gun.
- Living, simulated world with dense crowd of citizens, each one of them doing his own stuff.

Find more on their website.

43501's note: Unlike other games I've shared here before, I haven't actually played this one yet (am about to), but the art style and premise completely captured my imagination. It's just a short demo (a 'pilot' game, if you will) so far that has ambitions to become something fully-fledged.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:03 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
This looks really interesting! I'll be sure to play it sometime later.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:42 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I played it a long time ago and i was not disappointed. Gorgeous artwork nice controls. It kinda felt short but I see that they concentrated more on the art and setting than anything else. Still very happy to see it having a kickstarter campaign.
Let's ride the HYPE TRAIN guys. :D

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Them pixels

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:28 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Damn, I wish I could play this offline.

The games looks pretty nice though.

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
It's really good. I just didn't like the fact you can't move while your gun is pulled out. Other than that, it was pretty good.