Team 9 mod

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is an idea for a mod that has you playing as the team 9 leader (IDK how I'm going to have more than 2 npcs following you) and you have a mission to destroy the core. You start getting dropped by a helicopter with the rest of your team. The first thing to do is go to the plantation and find a way to the labyrinth. After not finding anything you see Quote and Curly, they say there is a place called the migma village and it has a house suitable for a base and it even has a broken teleporter, but you will need to earn their trust so they won't just assume that you are killer robots sent to destroy them.

I will put the rest in the game if some people like this idea.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:49 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think you could do some really cool things w/ gameplay and level design if you hacked in multiple followers. Idea is a pretty solid prequel, but people might not like having to lose. You should go for it, methinks.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Lace said:
I think you could do some really cool things w/ gameplay and level design if you hacked in multiple followers. Idea is a pretty solid prequel, but people might not like having to lose. You should go for it, methinks.

Wouldn't having multiple followers be rather, well, easy?

I mean if you just placed the Curly AI entity on the map a couple of times well...

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:55 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Wouldn't having multiple followers be rather, well, easy?

I mean if you just placed the Curly AI entity on the map a couple of times well...

the trick is making them look different from eachother :3

Since we all know that part of the game is super easy because you can just sit there while Curly rapes everything with a machine gun/polar star, adding multiple npcs would require some hinderances to make it not broken.

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:01 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
cultr1 said:
the trick is making them look different from eachother :3

Since we all know that part of the game is super easy because you can just sit there while Curly rapes everything with a machine gun/polar star, adding multiple npcs would require some hinderances to make it not broken.

Solution: npctable editor.

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:22 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Well that only work if the idea were to have different Curlys on different maps. If you want different Curlys on one map at the same time, you'll need assembly hacks. You could perhaps, in the AI assembly code, change their spritesheet (which would normally be specified in npc.tbl, as Matt said) so that it is determined by something else (maybe the animation you <ANP them with, so you give each one a different <ANP value each one corresponding to a certain spritesheet). As far as HOW you would do that (in terms of actual assembly code), I couldn't tell you, but that' why we have Noxid :p.

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:59 AM
I don't anymore.
Wedge of Cheese said:
Well that only work if the idea were to have different Curlys on different maps. If you want different Curlys on one map at the same time, you'll need assembly hacks. You could perhaps, in the AI assembly code, change their spritesheet (which would normally be specified in npc.tbl, as Matt said) so that it is determined by something else (maybe the animation you <ANP them with, so you give each one a different <ANP value each one corresponding to a certain spritesheet). As far as HOW you would do that (in terms of actual assembly code), I couldn't tell you, but that' why we have Noxid :p.

Npctable editor was to make a bunch of Curlys not seem cheap, high enemy health value. if their robots, it's probably acceptable that they all look the same. unless you would want them to be different.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:20 AM
Pirate Member
Unless you know how to use ollieDB you'll find yourself lost in a maze of disgustingly repulsive assembly codes.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:28 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Knowing how to use Ollie is different than knowing how to use Assembly. But anyway, it sounds like a fine idea.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:40 AM
Pirate Member
Either way though, those code lines will always be revolting

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:52 AM
Been here way too long...
Cheesy, that's pish tush if you use noxid's sprite rect hack. just have ANP add a row! See? No noxid needed!

oh wait

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:59 AM
Pirate Member
Lace said:
Cheesy, that's pish tush if you use noxid's sprite rect hack. just have ANP add a row! See? No noxid needed!

oh wait

We are free brother we don't need Noxid's advice anymore

Jan 4, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What should the team members look like in this? Also I'm thinking of making paths that only the leader can take, so how would I make it so none of the CPUs can get past?

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:07 AM
I don't anymore.
MANSTA8 said:
What should the team members look like in this? Also I'm thinking of making paths that only the leader can take, so how would I make is so none of the CPUs can get past?

Well you can either use events in the script and change them to regulat entities apposed to running curly, or you can use tile 44, which the character can go through, and entities can not unless they are flagged to do so.

If they pass through it, then adjust their flags in the npctable editor.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:37 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
section removed by poster because it was already stated in a previous post.

cultr1 said:
actually, i find myself needing to kill stuff in the labyrinth regardless of Curly killing with me.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Pirate Member
I know what it feels like Malpercio but we are free now.