Super Metroid Redesign

Jun 28, 2006 at 4:13 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I just found this the other day when visiting a romhacking board:

Super Metroid Redesign

The creator spent 2 years redesigning the maps of Super Metroid in order to bring a completely new and more challenging experience. If you enjoyed Super Metroid and have a craving for more, than you might want to give this one a try. Be forwarned though, it does require some skill with wall jumping. lol

So far I'm having a blast with it. : )

Edit: Since this game is hard as hell, there is an online F.A.Q going on here for those who are into the game.

Edit2: Another interesting site (In Japanese) has patches for not only the Super Metroid Redesign, but several others as well. These patches most likely work on the Super Metroid (J) series roms, of which I'm not going to supply the rom for. : )

-SkyeWelse

Jul 7, 2006 at 11:18 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Are there any screenshots available for it? Also, what exactly is modified about about it?

Sorry, I'd just test it out myself, but I'm at work right now and can't exactly play games.

P.S. Thanks for helping me out with my account, Skye. :o

Jul 8, 2006 at 8:37 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Well aside from altering the actual physics of Samus' movement, they created variations of the items, added some new puzzle systems such as reflector mirrors and generally made everything a bit longer and more challenging. All of the maps are completely different and redesigned to make areas look and feel like an entirely new "second quest" so to speak. The creator spent 2 years on the redesign of it with the intention of making a game that originallly could be finished within 30 minutes, into a 2 hour long minimum adventure. He also discovered that there was enough space to play around with the rom in extending the rooms and making the areas vastly larger in comparison. So far I've found it to be one of the better romhacks I've seen to date. : )

-SkyeWelse

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:01 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Whats the password to dl this?

nm its in the readme its redesign_of_a_classic for people like me who are to lazy for reading.

Sep 22, 2006 at 8:29 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Yep. : ) It took me awhile to figure that one out too. Kind of borderline Clever and Annoying.

-SkyeWelse

May 1, 2008 at 7:58 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I agree with you about this being one of the best rom hacks in some time, well he did spend two years on it so what do you expect. haha

I've sorta taken a break from it in maridia.