Super HOT (Indie Game)

Sep 15, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Well, it appears that a group of people have combined time-mechanics with first-person shooters.

I present to you:
Super HOT
(I honestly don't know why it's called that).

In this (through the process of becoming greenlit) game, you run through corridors and rooms, with a Mirror's Edge vibe due to the color scheme, and shoot your generic enemies while evading their attacks. Even though you're heavily outnumbered, your ability to control time by your individual movements allow you to "Matrix" through their barrage of bullets, and take them down with ease.

The developers have an online demo as a prototype for the game, though a bit underdeveloped via not having an actual conceivable story (except the "boss" level's questionable dialogue), or really anything to justify why you are simply a god amongst an army. I'm liking the mechanics and would enjoy to see a final polished product if one ever does come out.

Also, yay for playable prototypes that you can try in the above link.

Sep 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
It's fun, Artistically I like the style though I wish the environment had more things. But it's a demo so we'll see how it develops.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
"Let's see how this develops."
Obviously the game needs detail and graphics, if this were to be the finished product. *and it won't*
then I would not purchase it, the game also needs a story explaining *why everyone is red and um.. so oriented*
Lastly, what is up with the overpowerness of this system? I know people need time to react but, so irrationally?
Once you stop, you can never die, I fear that this stopping thing should only work as a time limit.
I also fear bad development.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
metalsonic71 said:
Obviously the game needs detail and graphics, if this were to be the finished product. *and it won't*
then I would not purchase it, the game also needs a story explaining *why everyone is red and um.. so oriented*
Lastly, what is up with the overpowerness of this system? I know people need time to react but, so irrationally?
Once you stop, you can never die, I fear that this stopping thing should only work as a time limit.
Well, for one thing: the idea and development of the prototype sprang up from a 7-day FPS challenge, so they built the system within a maximum 7 days, till later they took up more time to polish it up once they decided they wanted to possibly work on a full game instead of just a simple competition submission.

Yes, you're right in that we have no idea of what to expect. I'm just bringing it up in a thread because the mechanics intrigued me. Also, regarding your problems with difficulty: there is a discussion on their greenlight page where one user suggested having multiple difficulty levels with varying amounts of limited time slowing, and the developers seemed to like the idea.

That trailer was literally puplished a day before I started the thread, so it's gonna be a long while till progress can be seen from them.

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
metalsonic71 said:
No it doesn't need a different art style it just needs to flesh out the environments more like the last room. It's mechanically fine and just needs better level design at times.

You should take a second to think about what the game REALLY needs before it's a professional full release that is worth spending money on.