Stuck in the Prefab Building

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello! :)

I'm playing CS+ and after the final boss against the doctor I entered the Prefab building and saved before taking on hell.

My question is if there is a way for me to leave the Prefab building? I've talked to the bookcase and watched the normal ending and defeated Ballos, but can I leave to go do things I didn't do before?

I wanted to back up a little, so I edited Profile.dat in order to spawn in the Prefab building before the fight with the doctor. However, when I go back to the Plantation, there are no NPCs and the screen is shaking like crazy!

Is there a way to go back and keeping everything like it was before the fight with the doctor?

Please let me know! :D

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no, you'd be better off starting over / downloading another save

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I replayed it a fifth time, and now I've skipped saving in the Prefab building!

I guess that answers the question! Thanks! :D

Jul 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
GustafGG said:
Is there a way to go back and keeping everything like it was before the fight with the doctor?

Please let me know! :D
The problem with this strategy here was that you only changed maps, which didn't unset any of the flags that were set after beating the final boss fights. Those flags were still in effect, and thus the game thought you were at the point in the game after the final bosses, hence the unusual behavior in the plantation you encountered.

As Noxid said, grabbing a fresh save would probably be best.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry, sir, but as soon as you enter the prefab building after you defeat the Doctor, you cannot go back out.

Next time, if you want to leave, try saving before you get into the building.

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
You cannot exit - so you'll need another save... First if you want to see the normal ending jump off the cliff. Then after seeing it enter Prefab building and go for the best ending.