Starting Over

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:52 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I recently read about the hard mode of the game and that really seems appealing. I am currently on the plantation level in easy mode and just completed the rocket with sues mom. Now I have a couple questions

1. Is it worth it to start over from this point to do hard mode? I want to get the full experience of the game.

2. The nemesis vs. the sword. I have traded for the nemesis but I am kind of regretting it now. I loved that sword and the nemesis is good but doesn't seem to be that great. So what is better in your eyes the nemesis or the sword?

3. Where do you get the booster 2.0 from?

Thanks in advance, awesome game and I like that there is a community of some sort too. I am trying not to read into the guides very much so as not to spoil the game.

Also, I am going to replay the game on hard mode no matter what so are there any other little things that I should look out for?

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:44 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
you get the boosters 2.0 by doing the hard mode.....

and back to my preference

i like the sword alot. 100x1000 alot. lol :p

but if you doing the hard mode i use the nemisis only at the heavy press and ballos boss's because the sword cant shoot far enough to hit the press.
i never use the nemisis any other time :rolleyes:

but thats my opinion but other ppl may have there preferences

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
All other guns get pretty worthless once you get the Spur, so don't even worry about that.

As for hard mode, I'd suggest beating the game normally first. Not only do you get to see the good ending, but it gives you a little more experience. Last Cave and Hell are pretty crazy, so you'll need all the experience you can get - and being able to get through the Balcony bosses with losing little, or no, health is a big factor in how well you will do in Hell - starting off with low life hurts really bad.

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:30 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Alright cool so my plans now are to finish up the game in easy.

For the next game. Clearly I am going to get the spur but I think I will also stick with the sword, level 3 its just so cool!

Any other little tips?

Also Osmose where is your Vivi avatar from? I mean the origin of it. A very early ff?

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:09 PM
"..."
Its been a while, but I'm pretty that little guy will give you your blade back, for his nemisis of course.

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well what do you think is better for the end game?

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Hoxtilicious
  1. Play both mods! Not only hard mode... :rolleyes: I like the "normal" ending much more but it isnt fun as Hell, you should play the games 3 times!
    Because you can have 3 Weapons out of the Polar Star: Machine Gun, Snake and Spur
    Dont try the Machine Gun at Hell, it doesnt help much... :/
  2. Nemesis is better then the Sword! But not a weapon for newbies :p
  3. Dont pick up the Booster 0.8 the Prof will give you the 2.0 later in game.

Osmose said:
All other guns get pretty worthless once you get the Spur, so don't even worry about that.

Noooo, I prefer Snake :(
Snake Snake Snake! :D :D :D

Feb 22, 2007 at 5:51 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
lol i love these 2

p9974-0-hammertime.gif

p9974-1-cardboardbox.png

is that hammer one a actual program you made or just a edited windows form

Feb 22, 2007 at 7:01 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Those images are pwn Osmose, though I have seen some of them before (I'm EvilShadowX1, I just want to change my name to CociCookie :/)

Edit-Had to make it *-^-CociCookie-^-* as I never, ever recived my confirmation mail for CociCookie.

Feb 22, 2007 at 1:41 PM
"..."
Hammertime one is from the internet, snake one I made out of boredom, and Coci you seem to have the name you wanted. :p

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:02 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
  1. Play both mods! Not only hard mode... :rolleyes: I like the "normal" ending much more but it isnt fun as Hell, you should play the games 3 times!
    Because you can have 3 Weapons out of the Polar Star: Machine Gun, Snake and Spur
    Dont try the Machine Gun at Hell, it doesnt help much... :/
  2. Nemesis is better then the Sword! But not a weapon for newbies ;)
  3. Dont pick up the Booster 0.8 the Prof will give you the 2.0 later in game.

Noooo, I prefer Snake :p
Snake Snake Snake! :D :D :D

I actually found it extremely useful...<.<;;

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:07 PM
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Blade LV3 isn't really too useful on bosses, as it only attacks big in a large range, and not a big hit in one area, like LV2 or LV1.
Nemesis is pretty much a flung Blade LV1, but you have to be careful not to pick up any power caps, and Curly has it when you do the 2nd area of hell anyway, so it's not very useful in hard mode.
You get Booster 2.0 by not rescuing Prof.Booster, he'll give it to you later.
If you get the spur, instead of charging all the way to MAX, just rapid-fire a LV3 blast instead. You get more area, and pretty much the same damage. You should only charge to MAX on Ballos's 2nd form, where you can nail him in both eyes at once.
For missiles, might as well get all the Super ones that you can, but in my opinion, it's a bit useless in the long run, because it takes so much to get it back to LV3. I've not used it in a while.

So, depending on your preference, an ideal Hell run would be these 2 weapon-sets:
-Spur, Blade LV2, and Fireball (though you'd probably switch between blade and spur)
-Snake, Nemesis and Super missiles

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:38 PM
Hoxtilicious
Nator said:
-Snake, Nemesis and Super missiles

Exactly what I always use. :rolleyes: