(Spoilers maybe?) If Pixel were to make a sequel to cave story, would it continue from the first game, or make an entirely new one.

Dec 5, 2020 at 6:58 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Now, I know Pixel said that there won't be a new Cave Story, but this is just hypothetical.

In my opinion, it will just be a new plot with new characters as it already seems kind of hard to continue from the best ending.

Dec 5, 2020 at 7:25 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Spoilers, eh? Hmmmm...
Expectations Upon Registering
By making an account and posting, we will assume that you have beaten Cave Story fully, and are at least 13 or have an equivalent maturity level. There will be unmarked spoilers regarding the game and, in some sections, swearing.

Also we've had this kind of discussion multiple times already, it's kinda pointless to make a new thread about how a new Cave Story game could go. :v

Dec 5, 2020 at 8:10 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm Pretty Sure Lots Of Members Already Made A thread About it Already. But, Even Hypothetically, Since You Most Likely Won't Visit The Floating Island Ever Again Which Just Makes Cave Story Losing It's Plot, "Caves On a Floating Island" So, A Sequel Would Be Confusing.

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:31 PM
"Huzzah!"
this has probably also been said before but if there were to ever be an official continuation to cave story it would most likely be a prequel, it makes the most sense

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:41 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm Pretty Sure Lots Of Members Already Made A thread About it Already. But, Even Hypothetically, Since You Most Likely Won't Visit The Floating Island Ever Again Which Just Makes Cave Story Losing It's Plot, "Caves On a Floating Island" So, A Sequel Would Be Confusing.
They could just rename the sequel to "Cave Story: Life On The Surface."

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:43 PM
War criminal
Sounds more like an omake/OVA than a sequel. Can we get a Cave Story beach episode?

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:45 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Sounds more like an omake/OVA than a sequel. Can we get a Cave Story beach episode?
YES YES YES YES!

Cant wait to see Misery in her beach outfit.

Dec 6, 2020 at 6:28 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Cave Story as a Bonus Sitcom? I Like Your Style. I Can Imagine NICALiS Just Out Of The Blue, Shoves A DVD in a Random Nintendo Switch Copy Of Cave Story+.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 7:20 AM
War criminal
Cave Story as a Bonus Sitcom? I Like Your Style. I Can Imagine NICALiS Just Out Of The Blue, Shoves A DVD in a Random Nintendo Switch Copy Of Cave Story+.
p374660-0-ubz31l.jpg

Fuck if anyone knows what the fate of Cave Story would be. It's either destined to keep being part of mediocre, forgettable crossover content, or by some stroke of miracle, the beta gets released.

Dec 6, 2020 at 7:25 AM
They could just rename the sequel to "Cave Story: Life On The Surface."
B-But The Surface is BOOOOORINGGGG, I Want To Defeat a Rock With Rubber Ducks In a Cave Full of Eternal Death, While Blasting Doom Eternal Soundtracks ON LOOP, To Make The Experience MORE EXTREME!!!!!1!1111!!!!!!111!!

But Seriously, "Cave Story: Life On The Surface" Sounds Like a Discovery Channel Documentary, That I'm Not Interested in Watching.

p374660-0-ubz31l.jpg

Fuck if anyone knows what the fate of Cave Story would be. It's either destined to keep being part of mediocre, forgettable crossover content, or by some stroke of miracle, the beta gets released.
ok

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 7:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
tbh i wouldn't particularly mind if cave story's official fate was cameoing in other games, i enjoyed quote and curly in blade strangers, but i wish they'd use more characters than just those two

that being said a cave story animated series or whatever would be really cool, if it ever actually happened

Dec 6, 2020 at 7:35 AM
that being said a cave story animated series or whatever would be really cool
Even if it Sounds Cool, No Matter What, It's Gonna Flop, Just Like (almost) Every Single Fucking Video Game Animated Series EVER

Dec 6, 2020 at 8:16 AM
War criminal
Even if it Sounds Cool, No Matter What, It's Gonna Flop, Just Like (almost) Every Single Fucking Video Game Animated Series EVER
Never say never, if there would be an animated series, I can imagine it going more in the line of fanmade animations like Metal Gear Awesome, Underpants, or Pokemon Golder. It worked for those animations made for Sonic Mania.

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:41 AM
"Huzzah!"
the animated opening for crystal crisis wasn't too shabby in terms of quality, too bad the artstyle was horrible...

good song though

Dec 6, 2020 at 10:58 AM
. It worked for those animations made for Sonic Mania.
I Mean, It CAN Work, But I Think It's Too Late For a Animated Show

Dec 6, 2020 at 10:14 PM
"Cave Story: Life On The Surface" Sounds Like a Discovery Channel Documentary, That I'm Not Interested in Watching.
How about "Cave Story: On The Surface" or "Cave Story: The Surface"

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:44 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It'll be the story of how Quote has to pick between the romantic interests of Balrog, Omega, Monster X and The Core.

Only 90s kids remember this.

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:17 AM
War criminal
It'll be the story of how Quote has to pick between the romantic interests of Balrog, Omega, Monster X and The Core.

Only 90s kids remember this.
Bring back Cave++

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:28 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Bring back Cave++
1607304363993.png
I could but I feel like I'll be murdered in my sleep if I do so I'm just gonna lean on the fact that Senyakyo is a yuri dating sim / metroidvania, making it the logical outcome of Cave++

Kero Blaster is the CS sequel we deserve but I want more Kero Blaster bc it's fun, let's hope the 8 directional kero blaster aiming found in the new game is a tease for what's to come.

Dec 7, 2020 at 5:10 PM
How about "Cave Story: On The Surface" or "Cave Story: The Surface"
Better Than Last Time, But Still Sounds Like a Fan-Made Mod.
A New Sequel Must Happen in a Different World, Quotes Story Has Ended, Heck, He Even Completed The Mission He Was Built For. So it Must Be Something New, But Not Too Repetitive.
A Sequel Can Mean a Lot Of Things, After all.

Last edited: