Speeches

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A thread for speeches of any kind. This thread also accepts rants, we aren't picky. Even tangents, if you want. Go ahead, make that rant about how rants are speeches!

Time

I think time is just used to keep our minds from exploding due to the sheer amount of possibilities in this world. With the idea of time, we have limits. But because time isn't actually real, we CAN do anything. There is no "past" and there is no "future". A time machine could never be created, because there is only one moment. NOW. So go, and follow your dreams, because they WILL come true, just not necessarily during YOUR lifetime. But someone else will continue your dream, because anything is possible, with enough effort, unless you are trying to manipulate nonexistent forces. GO! But don't rush, you have all the NOW in the world!

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I have a problem with people who call time "not real". It's really not a very good argument at all, and the argument is normally vaguely defined.

What is "real" is a better place to start if you're going to call time real or not.

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
*TROLLFACE*

Why don't people LIKE me?

I'm not asking to be deified, just for a little respect.
If I say something funny you should laugh because I am awesome and cool.
If I suggest something, it should be carried out... because I am awesome and cool.
Some people are inherently better than other people. I am one of those people.

Maybe it's jealousy. Some people can't bear someone as awesome as me existing in the same dimension as their mediocrity.

When Michael Jackson asked for a giant robot with laser eyes able to wander the Nevada desert, did he get what he wanted? No. Because the world couldn't match up to his awesomeness.

It's hard work being awesome. I have to go rest on my designer sofa and regenerate my mana so I can battle intergalactic alien menaces this afternoon before curing cancer with nothing but a crayon.

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I hate how cop dramas always waste perfectly good villans. I mean, I could see giving the bad guys superpowers and a god complex, having the heroes track them down as they blaze a bloody trail across the continent, have an epic battle at the summit of a volcano after the villan gives the heros a hanibal lecture, and finaly having the villan shout a cliche line about his own invincibility as he plummets into the blazing hot magma.

But Noooo! The villans always just get sentenced to "life in prison." Wasteful I say.

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I hate how I have to keep up with both being Lord Dragon and Lord Shadow. Dragon, Lord of FiendFire, is tending to the rules of Lord CelloThine, while Shadow, Lord of Shadows, has to go through with the hidden sections of me. I am both, and few know either. Few know both, and I am one of the non.

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Been here way too long...
p146990-0-coolstorybro.gif