Something about you.

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Captain Fabulous woke up to another grey Monday morning. His brain didn't agree with mornings, so it usually slept through them, putting everything on autopilot. Robotically, like every day before this one, Fabulous ate, showered and dressed while his brain caught a few more minutes of sleep. After he zipped up his pants, his brain yawned and stretched and decided to get on with the day.

First things first: get on the internet and check the four-hams. Fabulous opened up his tiny, tiny netbook and grabbed his magnifying glass so he could see the screen. After typing in the password, his computer bade him good morning with a thunderous roar of "BEWARE, I LIVE." Fabulous knew how to change the system sounds because he is not a productive member of society.

Of course, the little netbook froze up as soon as it logged in. Skype is just too much for it to handle sometimes, and throwing Firefox into the mix would probably count as abuse if laptops were sentient beings. Luckily they are not, so Fabulous opened the browser and watched his computer grind away.

After a few minutes, he was free to browse the forums. He went straight to the Satellite lounge and saw that his favourite person of all time, Mixer8421, had been blanket posting like a champ. Good job, bro. Ensure that I have at least ten of your posts to read every morning.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Captain Fabulous said:
After typing in the password, his computer bade him good morning with a thunderous roar of "BEWARE, I LIVE." Fabulous knew how to change the system sounds because he is not a productive member of society.

If you will teach me how to do this, I will swear to everyone I know that you are the most productive member of society in the world.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Control Panel > Sound. If you have Control Panel in Categories view, change it because that sucks.
Sounds tab, third one over. It'll show you a list of all the events, and some of them will have sounds assigned to them. You can mess with any of them except the Windows Startup sound. The one you're looking for is Windows Logon.
You can get all the Sinistar quotes here, as well as an entertaining read.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
My life in a nutshell in the form of "titles" (age in brackets) similar to forum titles...I was first the...
Mystic of the Kindergarten (kindergarten) -Bigot catholic (grammar school)-Fallen Damned Catholic (grammar school)-Successful Accepted Mystic (uni) -Fallen Miserable Mystic (after uni) - Risen Mystic who has 100% cleared his name and now posting this (now).

Weirdo (all the time) :p

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Man I am so totally pumped that I know all these great things about mixer now
this is going right in my notebook.

about me:
6'2", 189lb, African-American. Hair: frohawk
Skills in bowhunting and distance running
Originally born in Mississippi but moved to N. Dakota when I was 8
I have two cats, one named Ginny and one named Peter. Ginny is a Maine Coon and Peter is a calico american shorthair.
My favourite genre of music is Ska

self portrait:
p140954-0-tdwi0.png

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Get up
Eat breakfast
Die of boredom in School for 7 hours
Do Homework
Have dinner
Play Cave Story
Check the forums
Sleep

Socializing? What's that?

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Do you play Cave Story every day? that sounds like a lot

I have never actually played cave story before, I am on this forum as part of an ESL (English Second Language) program. My parents only spoke Ebonics so when I enrolled in College I decided to take some english courses to improve my communication skills. One of the exercises they recommend is joining an online community, so I searched "FORUM IN ENGLISH + MANIC DEPRESSIVE" and this was the first result that came up. In my time here I feel I have come a long way and always try to be mindful of my language.

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Kanpachi: I think it's when you invite people you know to the forums.

Wake up in the morning at 7 AM.
Make myself fresh, go downstairs.
Get my bowl, have some cereal.
Look at everything, realize I'm wasting time.
Rush to get ready, like everyone else.
Go to the bus stop, see my friends.
Decide whether or not im going to sit in the front or back seat.
Drive on the highway for like half an hour.
(Whats this school thing people talk about?)
Think about fun, but don't have any.
My friends to my right.
Switch lanes like a hipster.
Repeat until midnight.
Sleep.

And that's my day!

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, it's more helping my 10 year sister who has had the game for nearly a year and Is only in the labrynth. And that's on EASY. (serriously, I think she's making and effort to avoid all life capsules)

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Wow, that sounds pretty cool. It must be great to have siblings you can stuff like that with, and it's nice of you to help her. I only have one brother (two years younger) but he was born with severe Foetal Alcohol Syndrome. Both of his eyes were permanently shut and his head was terribly misshapen. As well, none of the bones in his limbs grew properly and he was unable to walk by himself. My parents were extremely superstitious, and kept him hidden away in our basement thinking he was cursed by the devil. After the cotton mill closed, dad would sometimes get drunk and go downstairs and beat on him. I still remember the raspy, animal-like screams of my younger brother as he endured this punishment, too feeble to escape or fight back. He died shortly before we moved to North Dakota, I think my parents left because they were afraid his spirit would haunt the house.

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Kanpachi: I think it's when you invite people you know to the forums.

They give me a new excuse every day why they haven't been on. The latest one is there might be a virus. :/
I think I'm going to give up.

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. It must be great to have siblings you can stuff like that with, and it's nice of you to help her. I only have one brother (two years younger) but he was born with severe Foetal Alcohol Syndrome. Both of his eyes were permanently shut and his head was terribly misshapen. As well, none of the bones in his limbs grew properly and he was unable to walk by himself. My parents were extremely superstitious, and kept him hidden away in our basement thinking he was cursed by the devil. After the cotton mill closed, dad would sometimes get drunk and go downstairs and beat on him. I still remember the raspy, animal-like screams of my younger brother as he endured this punishment, too feeble to escape or fight back. He died shortly before we moved to North Dakota, I think my parents left because they were afraid his spirit would haunt the house.

Really :( ???

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Yeah.. it's kind of sad, but I think his soul is in a better place now, where he doesn't have to suffer anymore. Sometimes when I was little, and my parents weren't home, I would go downstairs and talk to him. He was very shy, and I couldnt understand anything he said, but I thought he was a good person on the inside.

It wasn't until I left home that I learned about Foetal alcohol syndrome and all that stuff. My family never speaks about it nowadays anyway...

Things are looking better though. My dad has a job again, driving tractor on the barley fields. He sends me some money once a month with a letter from him and mom (i live on campus at Williston State College). They won't get a computer though, they are afraid of them.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Mar 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
watch sunrise
prep the explosive charges, eat breakfast
do other more ninja-like stuff
check into the forums
eliminate any clones that may or may not exist
get house and life insurance
detonate the explosives
collect money from house insurance, use to get even bigger house
back to start

sleeping's over-rated

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Professional Whatever
Wake up
Fall asleep
Wake up again
Go to school
Ditch school
Run around a field
Play Cavestory
Go back to school
Play Cavestory
Play Cavestory
Eat
Play Cavestory
Eat more
Play Cavestory
Harass my sisters
Play Cavestory
Cosplay Cavestory
Play Cavestory
Play Cavestory
Play Cavestory
Play Cavestory
Play Cavestory
Go to sleep
Play Cavestory

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Did I turn this into a "describe your daily routine" thread?