So You’re Locked In a Room With Your Clone

Nov 20, 2009 at 7:40 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
This Cracked.com article. I've got nothing to say about it, just go read it and share your thoughts. What would you do?

Nov 21, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Head pounding

I've gotta say, interesting article.
Kinda annoying, though, when he keeps pulling you in with all of his thoughts on the subject, and then reveals one more idea that makes it all seem wrong again.
But it really makes you think.
Since talking's out the window, and I'm not comfortable with the other idea, I guess I'd try fighting him.
Of course, like the guy said, since he stopped being my clone the moment he came to be and is now a cornered, vicious animal with that death sentence over his head, that doesn't sound very nice either....
Maybe I will talk to myself....

Nov 21, 2009 at 3:09 AM
Been here way too long...
Re: Head pounding

Everyone just remember this article was written purely for humor.
So Dan O'Brien makes a good point, fight or f*** is basically what it boils down to, but he took it to the extreme. At least he did on one end. I can't think of a better way to easily find out what a blowjob feels like (yes I can, actually, but that's not the point), but when he said that the other choice is to beat each other up, that's not entirely true. If I was a really boring person, we'd just have a few games of Slaps or something less violent. If I were me, we'd spend about 15 minutes making Invader Zim references and penis jokes.
But since this is apparently an important event, according to O'Brien, I'd be compelled to do something more competitive and less violent, like an epic duel... of wits! It would be more closely matched than a physical fight, because there's no BESTIAL INSANE DUDE WHO ONLY HAS AN HOUR TO LIVE punching my face.
A duel of any kind is a duel, though, so Dan is still right in the end. Except he forgot that I would never pass up the chance to make Invader Zim references and penis jokes with my self.

Nov 21, 2009 at 5:53 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE VIRGINS

There is nothing to be learned from someone who thinks exactly like you, you’d spend an hour just bullshitting and agreeing with yourself. Two people in a room with identical ideas who sit around confirming each other’s opinions and beliefs is basically a circle jerk anyway, so why not go all out?
Oh boy this is some Shakespearian stuff right here. I didn't think there'd be 1000 words worth of stuff you'd need to know about fucking yourself but I guess someone had to figure it out :)

With two me's I would either spending an hour coming up with as much convoluted conversation stuff as possible or I'd give a colossal "SCREW YOU" to whoever's watching and go sit in opposite corners the whole time.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:18 AM
/end

Talk to myself.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If just sit in silence and stare at one another for an hour.

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:28 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Well I'm not sure the claim that talking to yourself is pointless is valid. While you both start with the same exact beliefs, thoughts, etc, each of you has a different thread of thought once the hour starts. So if you've ever wondered like "what would I do in [insert weird situation here]?" you could ask yourself and you might actually get a more honest answer than if you didn't have a clone.

But yeah I do realize that the article is basically just humorous and not to be taken real seriously, just a thought.

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
A clone of myself? For me the one thing that would stand out from the things that come to mind is...how faster I can compose music. I'm imagining it - We would think of the same melodies with the same ideas and the same inspirations and everything...I wouldn't have to worry about his idea sounding bad when compared to mine because I'd be 100% assured that it would be as awesome as I'd think it is.

By the time the room's unlocked, LEAF XCEED Music Division would've made a new album. :cool:

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:21 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
zOMFG Why didn't I think of that!? :cool: