So Im Working On A Project, Speed Story, and These Things Keep Happening:

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:59 PM
"Huzzah!"
____Text Box Noise____
While testing the game out when ever I go into a new map the text box sound always plays no matter what, I tried a few things like playing Music0000 (None - (Silence)) and it still doesn't work
____Crashes____
This is one of the most annoying problems I have Is crashing, when ever I delete something that has a flag it crashes and deletes the Douketsu, luckly I was smart and made 10 backups
____Tile Set, bg, and npc glitches____
When I make/change a map it glitches out and whenever interacting with a NPC Im in soft lock, its very strange

Jul 23, 2019 at 7:31 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm no moderator, but for any further questions like this, I suggest plugging them in the Quick Modding Questions/Answers thread.

For the textbox noise, there's a chance that you are either plugging in three digit events (or in some cases, two digit events) rather than four and/or you are plugging them in out of logical sequence. The TSC scripts are sensitive to that kind stuff and should resemble more like this.
Code:

If there's still a sound that's playing, then there's a good chance that there's a stray text character outside the commands that you missed.

<KEYy<MSG
This is a test message.<NOD.<FAI0004<END

Or you even labeled an entity by an event number that's off from the event it's supposed to be given. (Entity being given Event 0300 but the actual event is Event 0301)

For the other two issues, you may need to show us more of what's going on, because there really isn't much to say or help on from what was provided.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 10:57 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It tends to be a bit harder to help sometimes without seeing written tsc and stuff or knowing what you changed but.
____Text Box Noise____
While testing the game out when ever I go into a new map the text box sound always plays no matter what, I tried a few things like playing Music0000 (None - (Silence)) and it still doesn't work
This is probably the game reading over stuff that isn't actually part of a command which can include event numbers and messages that go in message boxes- don't try to comment in the middle of an event thinking not showing a message box won't make text do anything.
Otherwise the game is reading events which it shouldn't meaning either that an event or npc is referring to an event that doesnt exist, or you have your event out of order.

____Crashes____
This is one of the most annoying problems I have Is crashing, when ever I delete something that has a flag it crashes and deletes the Douketsu, luckly I was smart and made 10 backups
Crashes are not too uncommon should something go wrong, but this is the first time I've heard of CS crashing and deleting itself. As far as I'm aware .exe files cannot just delete themselves without the help of running something else, so I would guess this is either a very trigger-happy antivirus or maybe even hardware issues. When does it exactly crash and heck, what even crashes, the game or one of the tools you may be using?
I feel like the third reason may as well be related in this because it kinda feels like it might be something not working well instead of you doing things wrong. Unless this happend a long time ago before i got into modding.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm no moderator, but for any further questions like this, I suggest plugging them in the Quick Modding Questions/Answers thread

Noted.

For the textbox noise, there's a chance that you are either plugging in three digit events (or in some cases, two digit events) rather than four and/or you are plugging them in out of logical sequence.

I did exactly this.
Wow.

If there's still a sound that's playing, then there's a good chance that there's a stray text character outside the commands that you missed.

I usually make sure to delete all script and entities first

Crashes are not too uncommon should something go wrong, but this is the first time I've heard of CS crashing and deleting itself. As far as I'm aware .exe files cannot just delete themselves without the help of running something else, so I would guess this is either a very trigger-happy antivirus or maybe even hardware issues. When does it exactly crash and heck, what even crashes, the game or one of the tools you may be using?
I feel like the third reason may as well be related in this because it kinda feels like it might be something not working well instead of you doing things wrong. Unless this happend a long time ago before i got into modding.

I don't think its over protective, I mean its just Norton Antivirus--
Oh
Also Its 100% me because I did this:

Instead of this:

Thanks for helping me out

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 8:19 AM
"Huzzah!"
Was this fixed at all? If not, I could look into it further?
its fine, the problem was a scripting error I did. #0100 was the proper was to do it instead of #100, this led to infinite text sfx and me stuck until I restarted