Show off your org music...

Jan 13, 2022 at 3:12 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Pandora Palace - Deltarune Chapter 2
That's a really nice cover! I'll admit I'm not too fond of the original song, but you've made a very faithful representation here. It can't have been easy getting it to sound accurate, in those places where you layer lots of long notes together, but the instruments blend very naturally. The volume editing on the notes is also just right, and each note lasts 'as long as it should'. What I thought was really impressive was the part with the blue notes a little bit into the song, where you make the pitch go smoothly up and down - it achieves exactly the effect you're going for, which was probably not very easy to pull off! I do hope to see you post more often around here :pignon:

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:28 AM
Long-term planner
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That sounds pretty good! Some of the instruments are a bit hard to mimic, but for the most part, you've done pretty well in replicating the tune, beat, and feel of the original. It's especially hard to replicate that "woowoowoo" sound effect that plays some way through it before a moment of silence, but this sounds pretty decent.

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:45 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
File link

There's a lot I still need to learn.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 4:52 PM
Long-term planner
I liked that fade in effect that the beginning, that sounded very natural. Not bad for a test song, it had a decent sounding tune to it, like it would fit on the title screen for an adventure game or something.

Jan 21, 2022 at 7:19 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Green Hill Zone

Spring Yard Zone

Launch Base Zone Act 1

Panic Puppet Zone Act 2

Jan 21, 2022 at 11:44 PM
Long-term planner
Whoa, lots of Sonic songs all of the sudden.

The Green Hill one is pretty good. Some of the instruments sound a little bit more high-pitched and "ringy" than their original Sega Genesis counterparts, but other than that, it sounds pretty good.

Your Spring Yard Zone remix sounds more faithful than the Green Hill one, so I guess I'd consider that one a step up from the Green Hill one, even though that one wasn't bad.

My judgement on the Launch Base remix will be less sharp, because I grew up on the PC version of S3K, which has different music there, so the Sega Genesis counterpart of Launch Base isn't as thoroughly ingrained in my brain as the other songs you've remixed here. I think the ORG instruments in this song fit really well, even if it does sound a bit different from the original. The opening with that lower pitched instrument sounds extremely similar to the original, and that higher pitched instrument early on sounds really good with it, even if it sounds a bit different from the original. The drum beat is also very well done.

Once again, I played the PC version of Sonic 3D Blast growing up, which is a port of the Sega Saturn revamp, which has a different soundtrack than the original Sega Genesis release, so I'm not familiar with most of the music in the Genesis version, so I had to look up the original for this one. This remix is pretty good overall, although there are a couple of things holding it back from having that "Keep going! You're almost there!" feeling that I get by listening to the original. First is that the main instrument track sounds a bit lower-pitched and less smooth than the original. It also sounds a little bit more domineering over the other instruments than the original. The instrument that joins in at measure 004 sounds a lot quieter than the original, so maybe this could be improved by having the instruments a bit more balanced.

In any case, nice work. I always enjoy logging on here on a late Friday afternoon after work to see some new ORG creations to listen to. Nice way to start my weekend.