Sequel

Aug 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
For years people have wanted a sequel to Cave Story but personally I've never cared for the idea. I mean I'm fine if one eventually does happen, but story-wise it just feels complete to me and like it doesn't need a sequel.

Kero Blaster on the other hand I could totally see being a series. I mean it's so open-ended with its plot, which is probably partly because it's a lot simpler of a game than Cave Story. We hardly know ANYTHING about the real issues. What exactly are the Negativia Lagatia? The most we ever get are "they're pieces of your past that have been cast off...I guess.". Like, what the hell? And what's with the giant server in the snowy level and why were they spawning from there? Not to mention the cloudy area at the end of Pink Hour. And possibly even stuff about the Weapons Shop Guy.

There's just so much more that can be expanded upon with it.

Aug 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I still think that introducing sequels into Pixel's game series is a tricky idea, but yeah I think that it would be interesting to see more to the story of kero blaster.

President / Ame crossovers gogog

Aug 24, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
While I agree that a sequel to Cave Story is unnecessary, I think seeing more of Kero Blaster would be awesome, even if it was just in updates like Pink Hour has obtained. There's a lot of potential in things like that, because even though I felt satisfied with the story I'd love to see more. :3

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
I agree. There are so many unanswered questions in Kero Blaster and Punk Hour. It may be, as Polaris said, continued in later updates. I hope so, because then it would be free to enjoy the rest of the story!

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
A sequel or anything from Pixel is always welcome :)

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM
"..."
From what i remember with Kero Blaster, we wait for years, mark our calenders, get the game, then after you beat it, instead of saying "this is amazing!" like in Cave Story. But with others you just say, "Eh, it was ok I guess." Then we forget about it and just wait for the next sequel.

Jk, all of Pixel's games are amazing!

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:13 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Cave Story needs also a sequel, with it being more than 10 years old and Kero Blaster brand new.

Aug 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Cave Story needs a prequel if anything. A sequel would only make sense if it was an indirect sequel.

Aug 31, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Professional Whatever
#BringBackKingStory

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM
"..."
OREOOOOH said:
A sequel? erm... well, that would be interesting. I mean, What would the story be though? The Negativia Lagatia isn't enough for a story. I don't really understand what the games levels will be like, and the story, as said. So...
One day, Kero was walking along, and then some sort of earthquake was going on. But this wasn't any normal earthquake, it was raining some sort of creature. Sasuke ran up to kero saying "GET INSIDE!" Then it shows a cutscene where kero gets teleported to level 1.
lol i just made that up
No.