Request for Noxid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Can you please upload an application for ALL OF US that WE ALL can use to make our HD by giving it 2x resolution, without disturbing you again and again? Please?
I know that there is one more topic in this forum for this, and one link is there for one such application.
But when I open it, it shows that the file is missing/deleted/invalid/corrupt(I don't exactly remember it).
So, please upload it in a ZIP file along with a guide telling us how to use it.(Just like a mod).

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
2x is not allowed for public distribution because of influence by Nicalis. They don't want it public for 2 reasons.

-One of the selling points of CS+ is double resolution, so this hack would threaten that.
-With double resolution, one could attempt to make a "free" CS+ (in terms of graphics), which Nicalis definitely does not want, and I think they strictly forbid.

That's why Noxid keeps a tight lid on the hack, giving it to modders he believe won't abuse it. Also, the hack breaks certain parts of the game, keeping it from ever being able to become "free" CS+.

And you probably don't even want the hack anyways, since, as a side effect, it simply won't run and/or will glitch on certain Windows machines.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
what gir said.
the answer is no and it will always be no.
[/thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.