Remove Old Threads: Possibility

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yea, I bumped some. Should have paid more attention. Granted some of the old threads are good to read I do understand that they are insanely old. I think, not sure how many of you would agree, that maybe a possible solution with dealing with the old threads is to simply rid of them all together. Those deemed important should remain, but those with no significance and no replies could be removed. Other than me, who goes and reads all the stuff from ten years ago?

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:53 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Aeternum said:
Other than me, who goes and reads all the stuff from ten years ago?
everyone.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The really old threads could be locked. Like the ones from eight years ago.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p205116-0-fxvehwk.png

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Usually, when I'm looking for info, I find an old thread from 2006-2011. They help alot. They should still be locked due to some members replying to year old topics.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Based Member
I strongly object to this idea. Getting rid of old threads is getting rid of CSTSF history. Useless threads are made throughout all eras of a forum's history, why target those from a specific time period? How can the community agree on what constitutes a useless thread? The vote would almost never be unanimous. This would also be a lot of unnecessary work with just about no payoff.

I'm assuming that your goal in this is to prevent new members from necroposting like you recently did. Post dates are clearly visible on posts, and that warning Captain Fabulous posted appears at the top of all threads that haven't had a post for 2 months. New members have no excuse not to notice these things, so there's not much else we can do without obnoxiously shoving warnings in people's faces at every turn.

I'm not trying to condemn you for the necropost that caused you to start this thread, we've all made mistakes here; I'm just trying to stress that this is a problem that's never going to go away. For as long as this forum remains, we will continue to get new members who bump threads unnecessarily, whereupon they hopefully learn from their mistake.

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
PhantopCS said:
Usually, when I'm looking for info, I find an old thread from 2006-2011. They help alot. They should still be locked due to some members replying to year old topics.
I find this especially true with the modding threads. A lot of helpful info is from very old topics and posts, since a lot of research on CS was being done a long while ago. I thus highly object to removing old posts.

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Why don't we just delete all the threads. Then no one will ever double post, spam post, shit post, or necro post, and everyone will finally be happy.

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:25 PM
War criminal
Aeternum said:
Yea, I bumped some. Should have paid more attention. Granted some of the old threads are good to read I do understand that they are insanely old. I think, not sure how many of you would agree, that maybe a possible solution with dealing with the old threads is to simply rid of them all together. Those deemed important should remain, but those with no significance and no replies could be removed. Other than me, who goes and reads all the stuff from ten years ago?
Listen, it's okay to make mistakes. There isn't really a need to worry yourself over them. Pretty much everyone here has bumped an old thread before.

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:03 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Aug 18, 2015 at 8:07 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
that isn't even stickied anymore and you still managed to pick out the greasiest thread in the entire forum
congratulations

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:04 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Noxid said:
that isn't even stickied anymore and you still managed to pick out the greasiest thread in the entire forum
congratulations
it's a legitimate source of yandere-ko interaction related knowledge

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:34 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I feel like I should say something, but everyone has already said everything I could.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
q3hardcore said:
That's clearly an ad.
One that isn't working. I'll need to send it back to our marketing division. :p

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:24 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Captain Fabulous said:
p205116-0-fxvehwk.png

Does this look familiar to anyone?
Doesn't look familiar to me. Didn't even have my name on it.