Recruiting for simple Cave Story mod

Jul 10, 2022 at 2:35 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Hi, while the title might give you immediate bad vibes, I'm not one of those people that wants to be the idea guy and make you do my work for me.
I already have quite a lot of the mod done, but I need to recruit some people before I can get an initial demo out, due to some roadblocks.
The mod is built upon the original game, and instead of making large changes it intends to only add and improve from the base game.

I don't want to show the mod before completion as the nature of the mod means many of the features are supposed to be hidden and discovered via a playthrough, but I've decided it's best to showcase some of the work so that people will know I'm serious about this project and will be willing to help.

Doukutsu_U3URd4rLUh.pngDoukutsu_MM8EQJBS3s.png1657416594809.png

If you would be interested in helping, here are the positions I currently need help with:
- CSE2 Experienced Coder or ASM Hacker (Capable of Weapon and Boss creation, weapons are priority. Current need is a way to check for 290.rec and it's contents in TSC, and RNG for special events)
- Musician able to replicate Cave Story's style
- Artist capable of replicating Cave Story's style, experienced in tileset creation

Please ask me any questions if you'd like to know more information.
If you're interested, questions and applications are better sent to my Discord at Ryla#8715.
Thanks for your interest :heart::orangebell:

Jul 10, 2022 at 3:19 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
this looks interesting, actually. there's plenty of CSBD (Cave Story But Different) mods out there but this one looks to be building on the game a fair amount, especially with how you seem to want to add entirely new areas, weapons, bosses and music
interested to see how this mod goes :D