Quote x Curly?

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:53 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I was replaying Cave Story again, and the ending (and some other parts) made me think about the ship of Quote x Curly. Like, are they just friends? Are they in love? Or, are they just military partners? But, in most endings their is some female character present, so is CS meant to be, in the best ending Quote ends up with Curly, and in the normal ending, it's Sue and Quote (And I guess that means Kazuma is gay for Quote in the bad ending)? There is in-game text that supports both after all, panties, iron bond, Curly saving Quote for no reason, etc., but then there is information that supports that they aren't in love, Curly tries to kill Quote at first, and . . . That's all I can think of.

So, what do you think about QxC?

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:56 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:21 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Déjà vu

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:50 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
why don't you look up the many threads on this that already exist, we don't need another

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:18 AM
War criminal
I honestly thought this was the thread by Maucho13. That's how you know there's too many Quote x Curly threads.

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:19 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The first question to ask is, what kind of relationships can robots even have? How are they similar to humans, and how are they different?
Curly does care for the Mimigas, but was she programmed that way? A simple directive? Do they have a deep neural network? (Deep learning, seems similar to how people learn through trial and error, and build up experiences)
Or were they imprinted? Does it matter?

Well, I get the feeling with Curly's very direct, quick to trust and jump to the wrong conclusion personality; that she won't do anything beyond accidental innuendo.
She seems pretty innocent, so in her eyes, I'd say Quote is like an important comrade. She'll do anything to help him, just as she'll do anything to help the Mimigas.
Was her decision to give Quote the airtank a simple logic choice? She calculated you had better odds at making it out? Was there something else?

BLARGH. Well, in any case, she is either someone willing to go to extremes at the drop of a hat; programmed that way; or maybe she's just holding back something that isn't shown in the dialogue; but by actions like the iron bond, the air tank decision, trusting in Quote, supposedly knowing that he has amnesia. (He does still have amnesia even at the end, doesn't he? Cthulhu is the first one to bring it up I believe, and you don't even learn your name until using the Ma Pignon on Curly. You don't even contemplate about using it on yourself apparently. Though if the Jenka/Ballos dialogue is representative of returning memories, then maybe there's hope.)

Anyway, in all likelihood, the closest Quote and Curly will get in official Pixelverse is demonstrated in Wind Fortress:

That awkward moment when Curly is saved, and finds all around her bunches of naked Curly Clones.
"What happened here?? Was there a party!?"* ................ Yeah Curly... we had a ... blast.

*paraphrasing

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:04 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
The first question to ask is, what kind of relationships can robots even have? How are they similar to humans, and how are they different?
Curly does care for the Mimigas, but was she programmed that way? A simple directive? Do they have a deep neural network? (Deep learning, seems similar to how people learn through trial and error, and build up experiences)
Or were they imprinted? Does it matter?

Well, I get the feeling with Curly's very direct, quick to trust and jump to the wrong conclusion personality; that she won't do anything beyond accidental innuendo.
She seems pretty innocent, so in her eyes, I'd say Quote is like an important comrade. She'll do anything to help him, just as she'll do anything to help the Mimigas.
Was her decision to give Quote the airtank a simple logic choice? She calculated you had better odds at making it out? Was there something else?

BLARGH. Well, in any case, she is either someone willing to go to extremes at the drop of a hat; programmed that way; or maybe she's just holding back something that isn't shown in the dialogue; but by actions like the iron bond, the air tank decision, trusting in Quote, supposedly knowing that he has amnesia. (He does still have amnesia even at the end, doesn't he? Cthulhu is the first one to bring it up I believe, and you don't even learn your name until using the Ma Pignon on Curly. You don't even contemplate about using it on yourself apparently. Though if the Jenka/Ballos dialogue is representative of returning memories, then maybe there's hope.)

Anyway, in all likelihood, the closest Quote and Curly will get in official Pixelverse is demonstrated in Wind Fortress:

That awkward moment when Curly is saved, and finds all around her bunches of naked Curly Clones.
"What happened here?? Was there a party!?"* ................ Yeah Curly... we had a ... blast.

*paraphrasing

Thank you! This is what I meant, I had been going through the other QxC threads, and by page 5, they just 5, it was just people fighting over the most random of things. But, I mean that do you think when Pixel first made Quote he was like, "Alright, now I got to make a love interest for him," or, what?

Also, about Curly willing to go extreme lengths, if Quote and Curly follow "The Three Laws of Robotics," then Curly risking her life for Quote wouldn't be possible because Quote isn't a human so she wouldn't obey him, and Curly saving him would mean she isn't following a different law, of robots always having to protect themselves. So, does this mean the laws of robotics don't apply?

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:12 AM
Its dark in here
Also, about Curly willing to go extreme lengths, if Quote and Curly follow "The Three Laws of Robotics," then Curly risking her life for Quote wouldn't be possible because Quote isn't a human so she wouldn't obey him, and Curly saving him would mean she isn't following a different law, of robots always having to protect themselves. So, does this mean the laws of robotics don't apply?
Quote killed the doctor, and both curly and quote supposedly killed the previous demon crown owner, the robots who attacked the island also killed humans trying to help the mimiga. the 3 laws of robotics do not apply to cave story.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:59 PM
"Forever coffee..."
the 3 laws of robotics do not apply to cave story.
Honestly, I don't think the three laws of robotics apply ANYWHERE.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Pixel, like most developers, wanted to keep it ambiguous.
If we do consider it seriously, the main stumbling block is if robots have self-awareness or emotion. They could just be going through the motions the way they were programmed to. Heck, maybe even mimigas don't have self-awareness or emotion.
The most probable answer is they're programmed and it's all just lines of code.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:05 PM
Its dark in here
Honestly, I don't think the three laws of robotics apply ANYWHERE.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Pixel, like most developers, wanted to keep it ambiguous.
If we do consider it seriously, the main stumbling block is if robots have self-awareness or emotion. They could just be going through the motions the way they were programmed to. Heck, maybe even mimigas don't have self-awareness or emotion.
The most probable answer is they're programmed and it's all just lines of code.
it seems to me that all of the characters appear to be fully aware of themselves, so yes they are self aware

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The first law of robotics will either trap a robot in an endless loop of contradiction, or create severe loopholes that allows a robot to kill a person if it believes it will save one or more other people. The reason is simply because the rule forbids allowing humans to die through inaction of the robot the same time as forbidding the robot to cause the death of a human, without specifying awareness of the death or how direct the cause of death, and also without specifying what would happen if both action and inaction may result in death.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:11 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
quotexcurly??? more like
S.S autism

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Are you from Tumblr?