Putin thread

Jun 15, 2014 at 2:44 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Ukraine gettin #rekt and #n0scoped.

NATO sending soldiers and war airplanes to Eastern Europe (to my country too, America recently sent random troops, come at me Putin)

Does this mean war, will we finally see call of duty irl, or will Putin fall?

According to the Kremlin the baltic states will be taken as well because Putin's gone #yolo mode apparently. lol I'm not even scared.

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jun 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Pirate Member
Better buy guns then.

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
@woodenrat, and everyone who would like a serious talk about war. M8ys I live in Serbia, there was war in the 90s and NATO bombardment in 1999. War is not Call of Duty. War does not always, automatically mean seeing soldiers. At the first war Serbia was the aggressor, I -as a child- did not see enemy soldiers, but it was a time when many people got poor. Your salary FOR THE WHOLE MONTH was enough to buy bread and milk - if you were fast, because by the end of the day you could not buy nothing. At NATO bombardment they got a radar very near my house, some part of the roof got a bit damaged, there was a big boom, my ear started flowing the next few days. Hearing NATO planes above us everyday for weeks was stressing, and hearing some "boom" here and there. They were not targeting houses and civilians as some in the west might imagine, so I felt quite safe. Good thing was that school ended earlier because of that. My dad was in war though, and he says it is nothing like Call of Duty. The Serbian army was the aggressor and many unofficial troops were pillaging the occupied villages. My dad, as part of the Serbian army prevented that Serbian unofficial troops pillage the innocent occupied people (Croatians) at one settlement. Croatians were very grateful to him because he - and other normal people - protected them and helped them. I am proud of him because he managed to protect and in many ways help unarmed civilians. When they marched out the local population was caressing his jacket crying and giving thanks. That is all I know about war, and maybe it can apply to some extent to this crisis and war in general. I am also incompetent to give opinion though, since I never fought in war, I just tell what I have heard and experienced. Also I hope for a peaceful solution at your place m8, and pray that you never experience war or fight in one.

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Pirate Member
That's one interesting post. I haven't fought in war either. We did have some armed conflicts with Russia during the 90s, Russia was the aggressor (surprise surprise). Mostly just lithuanian soldiers getting shot at along the border, but also russian tanks plowing through civilian protesters near a TV tower. Thank God these times are over. But what's worse is that we might come to these times once more. Russian propaganda is extremely underrated. As we speak right now, there is a referendum in Lithuania about to happen which basically violates the agreements we agreed to after joining the European Union. I doubt many people know about this, it's all over the news in Lithuania though. Maybe it hasn't reached the West yet.

If the referendum succeeds, we will possibly be "ejected" out of the European Union. Which basically means we'll be one tasty meat ball for Russia.

If anyone's interested I'll post some of the ridiculous points from the referendum (and when I say ridiculous I mean ridiculous). The biggest joke though, is that there are many people who will vote YES for the referendum...God help us all...

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Goodness. Just read a little on this...

Are Lithuanians really so attached to land that they'd find it worthwhile to be ejected and fined by the European Union? That seems like a really bad thing. D:

1/3rd votes seems like a pretty low threshold...I hope it doesn't go through, and that you and your country stay safe, WoodenRat.

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Pirate Member
Some of the people here are just fools being played by populists who might succesfully ruin the country. They're so detatched from reality they think it's a good idea to leave the European Union. Many people forget - we do not have two backs. It's either the EU, or Russia.

Here's the basic points of the referendum:

1. Decrease the needed amount of signatures for a referendum from 300'000 to 100'000.
2. Changes of laws that were made via referendum can only be addressed via another referendum (confusing in english, I might address it a bit more later)
3. Prohibiting foreigners to buy land on Lithuania.

And you can only either vote YES for all points or NO for all points. The best course of action is to boycott (ignore) this referendum all together so it doesn't even have enough signatures to be valid.

All of these points are terrible. The third one breaks the agreements when we joined the EU. The first one would basically ensure our country would be ruled by mob law instead of democracy. The second one works in conjucture (is that the right word?) with the first.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
^Conjunction. Fingers crossed it doesn't get passed.

I haven't been keeping up with the situation in Ukraine very well, but it's a shame to see more destabilising events only ten years after a peaceful revolution. I can only imagine how disheartening it is to live in a place constantly struggling for democracy, especially while countries in similar situations can manage to make at least some form of progress.

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Pirate Member
Nah we're doing quite good actually. We have our own share of anecdotically anti-european politicians who just HAPPEN to want reforms that are EXTREMELY beneficial to Russia's claims, but we're doing fine. Shit loads of EU money being sent our way. Disproportionately amazing healthcare (it's completely free, we have the newest equipment that costs millions and good doctors).

There is a price to pay however, as always. Even I'm not delusional enough to think that only good comes out of the European Union - globalization, mass emigration, etc. etc. But we don't have two backs, if we turn our back against the EU, it's Russia time. So it's either the European Union, or Russia...And we've "been with Russia" for 50 years up until the early 90s to realise one thing - it's not a fun ride.

And the fact that such silly referendums can even take place, means that russian propaganda and financing is more powerful than we'd like to admit.

Also the west is making a mistake in portraying Russia and Putin like they're a giant joke. They're not. They're vile. And now they're hungry, too.

How long will it take to realise Putin is a legit threat? He annexed a fucking country.

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I was referring more to Ukraine but thanks for the response, it's nice to know things aren't so bad there :mahin:

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Pirate Member
FUCK YEAH CUNTS.

The referendum was one giant failure.

Only 6.4% of people who can vote came. So the referendum is negligible! The needed amount of voters wasn't reached!

Fucking come at me Putin I'll wreck ya m8 your propaganda means jack shit we already owned your ass when we were the first to leave the USSR.

get rekt lols.

#LithuaniaOwnage #davai #CYKA #PutinREKT

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
that's a hell of a turnout
and I thought Canadian voters were apathetic

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Pirate Member
We aren't apathetic. Well we are but not in this situation. With a referendum if you're extremely against it it's better to just not attend it so it becomes illegitimate/negligible/something due to lack of votes. If you vote NO it still adds up to the pile of votes. Man I don't know the terms in english but I hope you get it.

Either way, what matter is that Russia can't 360_no_SC0PE us.

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
That's wonderful news! :D

And not attending makes sense. You can give two things as a voter, attendance and a vote, so if you really don't want something to take off you don't go, which is an automatic no vote in addition to lowering the attendance count. That way you have a higher chance of it losing due to no votes/no attendance, as opposed to going and voting no which might let it continue with sufficient yes votes. :3