Problem Playing Cave Story

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello,

I just downloaded Cave Story and installed it. When I started it I noticed something weird. Whenever a line of dialogue comes up in a message box it does not disappear afterwards but remains in the message box. The new text is just displayed above the old text which makes it impossible to be read.
I took a screenshot:
diph.php

This might be a Vista-related problem since when I played the game back on my old PC (which ran with Windows XP) everything worked just fine.

Thanks in advance,
Desmond

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:56 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Cave story no work on Vista. This happens alot.

Right click on Cave Story and click "properties". Go to compatability and select "run as windows XP document". It should work.

Sep 16, 2007 at 10:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I already tried that but it does not work either. So there is no chance to get it running on Windows Vista?

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Not unless you want to get a windows xp emulator.

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I found out what caused the problem. It was not Windows Vista but the NVidia drivers I had installed. I updated the drivers and now it works. :) I'm so happy that I can play Cave Story again.

Sep 17, 2007 at 1:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hmm... I smell a rat. nVidia drivers keep screwing up the game like crazy, judging from a few earlier reports from users having that exact same issue. Thank goodness for ATI, eh?

Happy playing, in the mean time!

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:38 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Xaser said:
Hmm... I smell a rat. nVidia drivers keep screwing up the game like crazy, judging from a few earlier reports from users having that exact same issue. Thank goodness for ATI, eh?

Happy playing, in the mean time!

GO RADEONS!!!!