Post yer orgs!

Jul 4, 2007 at 5:50 AM
"Huzzah!"
So, after Garde's not-so-little .org package release, I somehow felt compelled to show off a few of my own. But why stop at just me? I'll leave this thread free for people to share, discuss, and do whatever regarding their own org releases. So what are you waiting for? Get a move on, soldier!

My org package -Release 2- is out now. Have fun widdit. :p

Hmm... discussion, I guess? :p

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:47 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay!
The one I like most is definitely Vortex. Nice and mellow, and I do like a good baseline~. I especially like the in-and-out fade effects used in the chords, very nice. Only part I don't like is that it gets a bit repetitive through the middle section, but I got used to it after I listened to it for a while.
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but does Spire use the melody from one of the songs in Final Fantasy 7? It sounds exactly like the one used in Shinra Headquarters. (I only know this because I'm playing through it at the moment...) Blharg.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:31 PM
Hoxtilicious
Xaser said:
So, after Garde's not-so-little .org package release, I somehow felt compelled to show off a few of my own. But why stop at just me? I'll leave this thread free for people to share, discuss, and do whatever regarding their own org releases. So what are you waiting for? Get a move on, soldier!

If we're lucky there is another one who has made ORG's...
Otherwise the both of us are the only ones who will post lol

Xaser said:

Oh wow, nice ORG's you have got :p
Vortex is very nice! And oh yeah, I remember Spire.org's parentage... The favorite is Vortex :D
So also converted ORG's?
Can people use them for their mods for credit? :p

Well I'll post my ORG's soon and whoever want to use them just should do it, but don't forget credit :D

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hehe, thanks and stuff! It's good to have a little support, really!

So yeah, all of them are remakes of something so far... maybe I'll get off my lazy butt and make something more original-ish. Yeah, Spire does jack parts of the Shinra theme (good ear, by the way!), though I *did* say so in the textfile, grrr. :p

And seeing that I've posted them here, if someone wants to use them for their mods, I don't mind at all for the most part (unless I specifically state otherwise in the textfile... though I'm not sure if that'll ever happen). Just keep in mind that I'll probably be using them, too, so don't get too comfortable. Credit me, though, and I shan't care. :p

Jul 10, 2007 at 5:05 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hehe, sure, go for it! Not a bad thing, I say!

Would it be so much to ask to seperate .orgs by authors, though? It wouldn't be a big deal except that you can't put an artist tag or anything on the .org itself. No sense in confusing the listeners of its origins. :p

Jul 10, 2007 at 5:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
Xaser said:
Hehe, sure, go for it! Not a bad thing, I say!

Would it be so much to ask to seperate .orgs by authors, though? It wouldn't be a big deal except that you can't put an artist tag or anything on the .org itself. No sense in confusing the listeners of its origins. :p

Oh one sec!

http://spgardebiter.sp.funpic.de/CaveStory/ORG/

AmIDoinRite? :p

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hehe, works great, I say! :D

Hmm... now while I'm here, I may as well share my newest creation. For some reason, ever since the first time I heard "Jenka 1", I was always reminded of a certain other song... and, well, I just *had* to do it. So check it out, doggonit (in the first post, that is)! :D

I'll remake Jenka 2 eventually to follow suit, but for now, enjoy. XD

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:21 PM
Hoxtilicious
LMFAO Thats so hilarous, f***in funny :p
Please continue!
I love it!

Jul 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Haha! It's great!

But...
I couldn't run the file, the name of which turns out as gibberish when downloaded, in the normal Orgmaker. Had to use Org205.
Odd, because Orgmaker did open the file. However, there was no sound other than a long "meeeep".

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:09 AM
"Huzzah!"
Odd... indeed the filename turns to mush, but renaming it to .org seems to make it run fine over here. How interesting. :p

Oh, and I got the second installment online (check the first post now--it's in the package). How special. A bit hack-jobby, but still funny. :p

Hmm... Garde, would you mind at all hosting these two on the FTP site? Seeing taht you're collecting the .orgs anyway... hmm.

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:24 PM
Hoxtilicious
Xaser said:
Hmm... Garde, would you mind at all hosting these two on the FTP site? Seeing taht you're collecting the .orgs anyway... hmm.

Sure, if you want I can put every ORG there you post here (expect you say "This one not."), so you wouldn't need to ask anymore :p

Aug 1, 2007 at 5:01 AM
"Huzzah!"
*SCHWING!!*

Release 2 is here! :p

All right, so it's not gonna change the face of the planet, but I did a few more... some really good ones this time. Yeah, yeah, they're still remakes mostly (though one is *almost* 100% original), but I'm getting better. I *do* have a few originals started (Highway Theme and some Boss-y thing) that I might get done eventually... stay tuned for release 3 then. :D

New songs since last release:
PANTHER1, PANTHER2, BLAZE, TRAVELER, PRISON

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:38 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
gasp! Traveler? :p Wow, another Maniacs fan! SHWEET!

EDIT: Oh, and nice tracks. I was just surprised someone knew of Maniacs of Noise.

Aug 2, 2007 at 5:10 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hehe, thanks and stuff! And Kudos to you, Froggy, for recognizing that one! I'm a huge WAVE fan for some odd reason... that funky sound is so addicting! (Smiley:)

Ah, fudge. I'd best be Letting Go now. I've got a rather Urgent but Unwanted Deadline to make. These guys have No Respect for tardiness, so it looks like I'll be playing the role of The Traveller yet again. Let's hope I don't fall into any Pools of Poison this time around... If I don't come back from The Home Visit in a few days, call Nine One One!

Merry Xmas and Funky'99, y'all!

Aug 2, 2007 at 5:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Aug 7, 2007 at 1:25 AM
Hoxtilicious
Nice new orgs :3

I really love Blaze! And Prison is also neat... Would you mind if I use both in my mod as Blaze as a boss music and Prison for the Water levels? :eek:

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:21 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Xaser, these are so damn amazing. If you would let me have the honors of using them in Legacy Story, I promise you I will finish it.