Pixelin (DEMO)

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My first mod, enjoy! :)

More screenies!
p172476-6-lao.png

English isn't my first language, so please let me know if there are any grammar errors.
Download! (server 1)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s6qbe7 (server 2)

The demo includes:
WEAPONS: 2
BOSSES: 2
ITEMS: 3
MAPS: 10

Special thanks:
otemoto-dansei-ningen: music ( from the http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/4515/ thread )
Noxid: 3 save slots hack, shotgun hack

Aug 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sounds good, I will try your mod.

The link doesn't work, have you another one?

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I WILL GET THAT TITLE SCREEN MUSIC
I like the Cave Story 3D website theme remake

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
So I just played it, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of professionalism you've put into it.

The color-block people, including the character, took some getting used to, but I guess that's better than having poorly drawn detailed sprites, so it's okay.

The custom music isn't horrible, the town theme is a really fun song, and even though it reuses the cave story tile set and enemies, the pixel-people and music give it a vibe that I don't usually feel in other mods.

Expect a full review and bug-list in a day or two.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:32 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I got bored after I got to the green guy

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Okay, I'm ready to give my opinion on the game so far. I haven't finished it just yet but I was getting a bit frustrated.

First off, I agree with Enlightened one that the menus look great, the game is put together pretty well and the music is nice. Also, the dialogue and story aren't too bad for a first time

Unfortunately the level design is pretty annoying to me... The first room where you fight that power critter killed me 6 or 7 times because I was beating it with a level 1 bubbler... There's spikes and the power critter barely gives you room to move and it takes so long to kill it. xD

I didn't really like the tunnel filled with enemies. You could have put in half as many guys and it would still be enough.

I also found out that you can get to the Old Clinic without even getting the key from the Clinic in TOWN which should be fixed.

Finally, upon reaching the Old Clinic and grabbing the pill the second boss jumped out of thin air and landed directly on top of me before I could move and killed me and that's when I quit the game.

...Not bad, but needs a lot of work.

P.S. You should add the download mirror to the original post.

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Connorses said:
Okay, I'm ready to give my opinion on the game so far. I haven't finished it just yet but I was getting a bit frustrated.

First off, I agree with Enlightened one that the menus look great, the game is put together pretty well and the music is nice. Also, the dialogue and story aren't too bad for a first time

Unfortunately the level design is pretty annoying to me... The first room where you fight that power critter killed me 6 or 7 times because I was beating it with a level 1 bubbler... There's spikes and the power critter barely gives you room to move and it takes so long to kill it. xD

I didn't really like the tunnel filled with enemies. You could have put in half as many guys and it would still be enough.

I also found out that you can get to the Old Clinic without even getting the key from the Clinic in TOWN which should be fixed.

Finally, upon reaching the Old Clinic and grabbing the pill the second boss jumped out of thin air and landed directly on top of me before I could move and killed me and that's when I quit the game.

...Not bad, but needs a lot of work.

P.S. You should add the download mirror to the original post.
"Unfortunately the level design is pretty annoying to me... The first room where you fight that power critter killed me 6 or 7 times because I was beating it with a level 1 bubbler... There's spikes and the power critter barely gives you room to move and it takes so long to kill it. xD" - you should level up your bubble gun first :)

"I didn't really like the tunnel filled with enemies. You could have put in half as many guys and it would still be enough." - okay, i'll remove some enemies from the tunnel

"I also found out that you can get to the Old Clinic without even getting the key from the Clinic in TOWN which should be fixed." - i have noticed this after i have published the demo ;)

"Finally, upon reaching the Old Clinic and grabbing the pill the second boss jumped out of thin air and landed directly on top of me before I could move and killed me and that's when I quit the game." - it shouldn't kill you instantly, but i'll fix that

Thanks for your feedback :D

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
The main problem I had (and where I stopped playing). Is that the nurse won't accept the pill once you grab it.

So basically I can't do anything because the nurse acts as if I don't have the Avo-pill.

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That's where the demo ends.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
fanmariopl said:
That's where the demo ends.
Alright, that's good to know.

It's cool that you're making all new maps for your mod... I've heard this can be a challenge, and you're doing it with your first mod. In fact I think I have a renewed inspiration to try modding the game myself. Seems like it could be fun.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Creating new maps isn't that hard, but it requires some patience. :p

Some graphic changes and a new location:
p172476-6-lao.png