Pet Peeves

Nov 24, 2004 at 7:26 PM
Penguin Administrator
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I know I wrote an LJ entry about this before, but it's probably an interesting topic to discuss here.

What are your pet peeves when playing a videogame and why?

Mine are:

1) "This building/town/whatever is going to explode! Leave the premise at once while we bombard you with enemy encounters" for an RPG game.

There are two factors that especially annoy me whenever this happens.

The first is when the battle intro/during animation takes up significant amount of the time leftover. The second is when you do not have the option to runaway from battles or you physically can't run around an enemy to avoid confrontation.

I bet some people can't stand it when there is a vital item that one must get to during this time of mayhem as well. (Personally, I'm not too big on items so it doesn't concern me)

2. My second pet peeve is when playing a mini-game is needed to unlock something vital to the story. I'm not against having mini-games, but when they become overused to the point where it's required to play them... I get frustrated. Why should I play hours of Blitzball to unlock Wakka's special attacks in FFX?