OrgMakerM

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:57 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Safusaka and Tpcool were talking on the Skype group about having OrgMaker on a mobile device , so I decided to undertake myself a little project to sortof commemorate my newfound capability to port to Android devices finally! ^o^

In the current state it is capable of basic viewing functions, some tabbed menus can be opened (but do not work yet), note composition, opening orgs, and playing audio. Drum instruments, panning and volume control do not work yet.
This version I'll be uploading is set to automatically load and play (after 2 seconds) the main Cave Story theme since there is no gui nor file system management in place yet, and is more of a tech-demo at this moment. :v

[Download!]

Tap to place a note.
Drag to create sustained notes. [Will be shadow-y]
Double-tap to delete notes.
Drag with two fingers to scroll the view.

Screenies!
p210479-0-cyz36h6.png

p210479-1-aledkim.png

p210479-2-rvrg47t.png

p210479-3-lzitui7.png

All credit goes to Pixel for Cave Story, the songs he made for it, and Orgmaker. :3

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2015 at 4:15 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Safusaka and Tpcool were talking on the Skype group
you know a thread's going to be good when it starts with this
but uh maybe I'll help test this out later sounds interesting
not that I ORG at all but I have an android phone so I'll try it anyway

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Will it support v2.1.0EN orgs down the track?

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:20 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Dec 16, 2015 at 2:08 PM
ORGs made with Org Maker v2.1.0 (or the English translation thereof), I think.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yeah this is nice, and will likely be useful.
One problem: I have no idea how to use this, might be nice if you explained this.
I mean, not everybody knows how to get apps outside of things like the Play Store.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:57 PM
ORGs made with Org Maker v2.1.0 (or the English translation thereof), I think.
The one with drum instruments? Then yes.

Yeah this is nice, and will likely be useful.
One problem: I have no idea how to use this, might be nice if you explained this.
I mean, not everybody knows how to get apps outside of things like the Play Store.
Download the APK onto your Android phone and install it. (Open it normally, the phone will automatically bring up the APK installer and any other options where applicable)

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:58 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Download the APK onto your Android phone and install it. (Open it normally, the phone will automatically bring up the APK installer and any other options where applicable)

You may need to enable installing applications from unknown sources first.

diph.php

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:59 PM
Forgot about that setting, thanks for putting it up @Tale_Zero. :)

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:27 PM
beep boop
Ah well... Barnes and Nobel disables installing APK's... Maybe you can get it on the app store? I think there's a way.

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:44 PM
Ah well... Barnes and Nobel disables installing APK's... Maybe you can get it on the app store? I think there's a way.
I'll see about doing that once this app is fully usable.
I wonder what are the legal inplications with something like this.

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
barnes and nobel?? are you trying to install this on a kindle?

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Tried it out, FPS was pretty unstable for me(might be of other things though, but whatever, its noted now.).
Scrolling was really tough, and it almost always causes me to place down a note.
Zooming out(and MAYBE in?) could a little useful.
Seeing as it starts instantly without stopping it, placing down notes doesnt really help affect much.

It's pretty interesting though, and I love to see it finished.
Good job for now :).

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Tried it out, FPS was pretty unstable for me(might be of other things though, but whatever, its noted now.).
Android devices aren't the fastest devices, and FPS being volatile should be expected. I've heard it to be able to run on older phones from some other members here, but I'm not sure what your device is.
Anyways, there will be an update to remedy slowness through various optimzations I have in mind.

Scrolling was really tough, and it almost always causes me to place down a note.
Scrolling is a bit slow, and the next update will feature scrolling with three fingers at a faster speed.
But anyways, due to how note placement and scrolling work, there should never be a problem between the two. When you drag with the first finger, it will create a shadow of a note, but that note can only be placed if you release the first finger, without any other fingers having touched the screen. Drag with one finger, then drag with both (without releasing your first finger at all) and see how the shadow note is removed.

Zooming out(and MAYBE in?) could a little useful.
I'll see to that later, it all depends on whether android devices as they are now can handle zooming out due to some calculations. Google Sky will greatly help once they release it.

Seeing as it starts instantly without stopping it, placing down notes doesnt really help affect much.
It's meant to autoplay as there is no gui to do so otherwise to show off how it is actually playing a org.

It's pretty interesting though, and I love to see it finished.
Good job for now :).
Thank you @Miccs -w-