ORG to MP3?

May 12, 2015 at 10:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hello all,

I've made a thread already with some of my CS remixes, and I'd like a way to convert these ORG files to MP3 files.

I tried simply changing the suffix to .mp3, but it doesn't work.

If anyone has a way, or knows of a way, to change ORG files to MP3 files, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

May 12, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Use ORG2XM, and then export the outputted XM file as an MP3 using a program that can read XM files.

Alternatively, record Stereo Mix using Audacity.

May 13, 2015 at 12:11 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I reccommend the stereo mix option. It normally always comes out crisp and clean, not to mention you can record the loop as many times as you want.

May 13, 2015 at 3:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Plus Org2XM doesn't work for Orgmaker 2 orgs.

However you have to seriously finetune your recording and playback volumes until your recording matches the volume of the original org's playback, not to mention that some sound cards require you to manually enable stereo mix before you can do anything.

May 13, 2015 at 3:28 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
For me, everything was perfect as soon as I activated stereo mix

May 13, 2015 at 4:39 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
It might be possible to modify OrgView to output a wave file, then you could encode that to MP3.
I'm still in the early stages of researching this, it's rather difficult to figure out :p

May 13, 2015 at 7:02 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Just a hypothetical speculation which I haven't actually tried, but you could use the Org to Ptcop converter from the site, then use Pxtone's inbuilt function to make a Wav from it, then convert the Wav to Mp3 using any online converter. Mostly the Wav output function in Pxtone sort of caught my eye, and (as far as I know) Pxtone itself is fully backwards compatible with Org, right?

May 13, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
IdioticBaka1824 said:
Just a hypothetical speculation which I haven't actually tried, but you could use the Org to Ptcop converter from the site, then use Pxtone's inbuilt function to make a Wav from it, then convert the Wav to Mp3 using any online converter. Mostly the Wav output function in Pxtone sort of caught my eye, and (as far as I know) Pxtone itself is fully backwards compatible with Org, right?
Oh yeah, that should work too. Not sure about the new drums, but I'm pretty sure it will work with vanilla instruments. My memory is a bit foggy, but I remember that there may have been a slight discrepancy in the sound of the instruments if you do it this way (also with ORG2XM).
q3hardcore said:
It might be possible to modify OrgView to output a wave file, then you could encode that to MP3.
I'm still in the early stages of researching this, it's rather difficult to figure out :p
That would be great. A straight-up Org->Wav/MP3 converter would be extremely convenient.

May 13, 2015 at 10:56 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
andwhyisit said:
Plus Org2XM doesn't work for Orgmaker 2 orgs.

However you have to seriously finetune your recording and playback volumes until your recording matches the volume of the original org's playback, not to mention that some sound cards require you to manually enable stereo mix before you can do anything.
All my songs are made with the original ORG maker.
Tpcool said:
Oh yeah, that should work too. Not sure about the new drums, but I'm pretty sure it will work with vanilla instruments. My memory is a bit foggy, but I remember that there may have been a slight discrepancy in the sound of the instruments if you do it this way (also with ORG2XM).
That would be great. A straight-up Org->Wav/MP3 converter would be extremely convenient.
All this talk makes me want to develop one...

May 20, 2015 at 11:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I dont know much about music files, I'm sure I could find a program to do it automatically if I looked hard enough, then I could FB you the Link (get the reference?) and you could use that.

May 21, 2015 at 8:11 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
BASSETTEHOUND said:
I dont know much about music files, I'm sure I could find a program to do it automatically if I looked hard enough, then I could FB you the Link (get the reference?) and you could use that.
The org format is a music format developed by Pixel. It is not a commonly used music format, so naturally no-one outside of this community has any interest in writing an automatic converter. The only reason why people adopt the format is because of Cave Story, more specifically because it is the music format used in Cave Story. And of course, if you had bothered to look, no-one has made one. Hence this thread.

May 31, 2015 at 5:52 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Someone should get off his arse and edit org2xm sources to support 2.10 orgs. Oh wait...

I make no promises here.

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:15 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
passing_by said:
Someone should get off his arse and edit org2xm sources to support 2.10 orgs. Oh wait...

I make no promises here.
I just took a look at the source to make an effort to do this. It made me realize that I need to learn C.

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:18 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I just use the foobar2000 .org plugin to convert .org files to .mp3/.flac/etc. One instrument doesn't sound correct, but it's good enough, and it sounds close enough to what you would hear in the game.