Nukes in Cave Story

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
If Cave Story's plot could ever be mapped to real life history, and I am not saying that it could...

Do you think that enraged Mimigas (i.e. those that were fed the red flowers, such as Frenzied Toroko and Igor) are a metaphor for nuclear weapons?

Think about it. A lot of countries would be wasted by them and everyone's goal is to try to take control or get rid of them.
Curly Brace and Mr. Traveler (no spoilers *PLOX!!!*) are simply anti-nuke combat robot personnel from the Surface.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
That sounds about right...

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I agree but also could it be just reference to biological weapons as well as nukes?

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I don't know if Mimigas point to viruses or engineered protobionts.

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:19 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
If Cave Story's plot could ever be mapped to real life history, and I am not saying that it could...

Do you think that enraged Mimigas (i.e. those that were fed the red flowers, such as Frenzied Toroko and Igor) are a metaphor for nuclear weapons?

Think about it. A lot of countries would be wasted by them and everyone's goal is to try to take control or get rid of them.
Curly Brace and Mr. Traveler (no spoilers *PLOX!!!*) are simply anti-nuke combat robot personnel from the Surface.
I think there might be plenty of metaphors in Cave Story Pixel had in mind... but frenzied Mimigas as nukes?

I would say if Pixel was trying to make a metaphor for Frenzied Mimigas I would say it would be...
Like a village being masacred, and then the civilians becoming terrorists; never to be the same again. Always seeking blind vengence lead only by their manipulative leader. Once the civilians became murderers and gained the madness of bloodlust... Having a complete disregard for their lives, they would be killer.
It sounds like drugs? Toroko was a nice little girl, and then they gave her a pill flower that drove her insane [rabies/adrenaline?]
The Doctor is perfecting his magic pill. A drug that enhance without side effects. I mean the Red Crystal looks an awful lot like a giant Red Pill. Created from rare flowers... The Doctor could represent the pharmaceutical industry, and their push for drugs, drugs, drugs. Or even a drug lord or something.

Well... Ballos could be like the nuke. Or a nuclear reactor.
He seems to leak a lot of radiation, which is the cause for all the troubles. Eating mutated flowers, leads to some kind of madness or insane change like the hulk...
The Doctor wants to harness these results to create drugs that will create evolution based on some wacky mutated flower. MEH! I give up xD

My original post on nukes :
Imagine a bunch of frenzied Mimigas loose upon the humans... Now do you realize?
[something *like* Jenka said]

Mimigas don't blow up, but keep on going until dead, and their devistation is pretty limited to their immediate vicinity. Plus, they were previously intelligent, before being controlled. Personally, I don't see how Mimigas by themselves could wage war; unless there are a LOT of them. If each one is equivalent to a tank, then they would still very slowly make their way to each destination.

Just because the countries want to get rid of them or control them; doesn't really equate to some kind of stockpile of nukes. It's more like a virus affecting a bunch of dogs turning them into some kind of super rabies dog that follows certain sounds or scents.

They can be stopped, but like any horde of attackers; can overrun weaker adversaries. Especially when they don't go down to bullets, etc.

As for how do Frenzied Mimigas wage war at all... They are powerful, but far from some kind of nuclear weapon.

If Misery/Demon Crown user can warp them into any facility or target... then maybe we're talking. Send one there, another there. Suddenly you have Mimigas spread all over, and are unable to respond to them all. On the other hand, if there were Mimigas on the surface. Then there would be an endless supply of soldiers as long as there were flowers. That or if Mimigas multiply like bunnies D:

Mimigas are more like a wild fire (being spread by a pyromaniac?)

Maybe if you're talking about some kind of mechanical drone invasion going heywire from a virus, it might be close? Everyone wants that technology, and if you suddenly gained access to a fleet of them...

I might think... more along the lines of human tanks... or some kind of future soldier. Genetically altered, to be more suited to combat; equipped with some kind of biosuit to enhance strength, speed, and maybe pumped full of some kind of over the top rabies (non-ending) adrenaline drug. Then add in some kind of way to set objectives, maybe computer controlled vision. [See only targets that are assigned, so you don't kill everything in sight.] Maybe even tech assisted weapons targeting.
Add in medical nano-machines to assist in "regeneration"; and maybe an auto defiberlation system.

Drop in a bunch of super soldiers and wipe out the objective. The only thing not accounted for... is ammo and size. Non-reality I would say like mechs gone wild.

You could say the island is like a mobile base or aircraft carrier. That can drop in tanks wherever it pleases.

Still makes you wonder, how did the island not get targeted? If it did, what kind of defenses does it have? Or, what weapons does the Island itself have at its disposal?

Sorry if that was convulted xD I started at the bottom and went backwards...

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:36 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I wouldn't say nukes in particular. A powerful thing that is capable of mass destruction that everyone wants is a pretty common story thing, "well semi-common" it's be really hard to find a particular topic he's trying to associate them with, but nukes is a good start.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
That... is actually a really good point. But, as we all know, only Pixel knows for sure. 'Nuff said.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM
The Eternal Darkness
If weapons could go to Level 5, the Spur (or the Super Missile Launcher) could have been like a nuclear weapon.

(sorry for the off-topicness)

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:30 AM
"Huzzah!"
Quote is Solid Snake. The Core is Metal Gear. That seems about as likely an explaination as any.