Nuclear Throne

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:17 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So one day I saw one of my school friends playing this game, and it looked purely amazing!
I then played it off of his Steam library, and it hooked me in. Shortly thereafter, I bought the game right off the bat with complete disregard to potential sales. (Something I do [or would do] very rarely, mind you)

That said, it's an intense rougelike that has been in development in two years, and I'd say only recently is it in a very playable state. Not to say it wasn't playable before, but it was still being polished and balanced in some regards.

Here's the Steam page by the way.

One of the keypoints I'd like to highlight is the fantastic gritty run-n-gun gameplay with a great variety of weapons, mutations and mutants to choose from, crisp pixel art and animation, and superb music! (Hope you like rock music with some guitar mixed in)

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:42 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Looks cool, I'll wait for a sale though. Mostly because I am a deadbeat.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:00 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I've been wanting to get this for a while, but they're not doing a sale until they get out of EA.
It shouldn't be much longer though until they're out of early access, it's pretty established now.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:49 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Played NT a while ago, really fun fast-paced roguelike. It's maddelingly difficult to play but you'll get used to it.

Still wierded out why it's still Early Access, though. It felt very complete the last time i played it.

Nov 14, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Played NT a while ago, really fun fast-paced roguelike. It's maddelingly difficult to play but you'll get used to it.
'LIL HUNTEEEEER D:<

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:10 AM
Oh god, that guy. They keep changing him inbetween updates, though. I remember back when he basically zipped across the screen, flybombing into you and turning the map in a horrible bullet hell.

Kind of wish they didn't end up nerfing Assasins, they were fun enough as is.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Wait, you're telling me Assassins were more powerful than currently? o.o *welp*

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:25 AM
Yeah, i remember in past patches they'd reflect your projectiles like Shielders, meaning they'd become harmful to you. Shooting one while it swings at you usually meant instant death.
A lot of ppl complained about it, so they changed that.

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:01 PM
Well, that makes energy weapons and some hyper variants have an edge against them. Maybe if they had some modding-support (highly doubtful seeing how they can't do real online multiplayer) or gave out the source code in some fashion like the Humble Bundle Game Maker Bundle. I do have the predecessor Wasteland Kings source code, but that doesn't cut it.

Anyways, on the weekly where you're Plant with no weapon and the Crown of Destiny, beat the Nuclear Throne and reached L1 1-1, dieing mostly due to a necromancer who kept reviving a giant maggot and me repeatedly running into it with Gamma Guts causing non-stop maggot-splosions XD

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:37 AM
Wait, they actually revive enemies now? At first i thought they just turn them into freaks.
There are some basic mods out there but most of them are gag mods, like the one that only lets you fire disks.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I bought this one. It's great!

Mar 26, 2016 at 5:54 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nuclear Throne is an excellent game, and it is the epitome of "Just one more run." Sure it's frustratingly difficult at times, but it's very rewarding when you unlock a character or a golden weapon, even getting to a new area is fufilling. I remember the excitement I felt when I got to the Frozen city as Crystal for the first time. For me, my current priority is to get all golden weapons on characters as I get them. For a while It was just to unlock Robot, and then to unlock Horror, now I think I'm gonna focus on unlocking Steroids and a golden weapon on Horror. Baby steps, folks. Gotta take those baby steps. When I can consistently get to the Frozen City, I'll focus on the Throne.

Anyway, *ahem* FLÄSHYN!

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:38 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
this game is going to be the reason i die
i can't stop playing it help

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:19 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
meltings b skin is the easiest to get go for that first

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:13 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Apr 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM
no idiot, obviously Fish's B Skin is the easiest to get
I daresay you're both blatantly incorrect--Chicken's old B-skin is the epitome of pieces of cake!

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:48 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

All I can say is, I'm glad this video firstly got me interested in the game all them years ago.
Here's to hoping they keep on adding stuff to it though akin to BOI

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I daresay you're both blatantly incorrect--Chicken's old B-skin is the epitome of pieces of cake!

What kind of baloney is going on here. Rogue's B-skin is obviously the easiest B-skin to unlock by far.