Nintendo at E3 2010

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Nintendo's E3 2010 press conference.

To sum it up:

- Zelda Wii revealed as The Legends of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Uses Wii Motion Plus. Can swing sword in different directions, lots of cool new items like a whip and a controllable pet beetle

- Mario Sports Mix, which combines several games that would have been stand-alone in the past into one package. Hockey, volleyball, and basketball, from that top of my head

- New Kirby for Wii. Titled Kirby's Epic Yarn, it's a 2d sidescroller that uses a unique style (EVERYTHING is made of yarn) that looks like it'll lend itself to some very innovative gameplay.

- More Metroid: Other M footage. I dunno if this is new, but for the first time I saw some over-the-shoulder Samus 3rd-person action in addition to the classic sidescrolling and Prime-style 1st-person segments.

- Donkey Kong Country Returns confirmed for Wii. Looks amazing, 2d just like the old ones but with incredible visuals nonetheless. This is what Retro Studios was working on, not a Kid Icarus game like many of us believe...

- ...but when the 3DS was revealed, as was Kid Icarus: Uprising! A brand new Kid Icarus that uses Pit's design from Brawl, but he has a much better voice actor this time. Very action-packed, both aerial and ground battles, absolutely magnificent remix of the old Kid Icarus NES theme, Eggplant Wizard, etc

- 3DS has a built-in camera, capable of using dual-lenses to take 3d photos--wow.

- Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil and many other franchises confirmed to come to the 3DS. No additional info known at this time.

And that's not all of it, just what i found most awesome.

Overall, the best E3 Nintendo's had in... like, eons.

http://e3.nintendo.com/ has post-coverage and tons of info.

http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/ <-- click on titles at the bottom for lots of screens.

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The kirby thing reminds me of Yoshi's Story where things were supposed to look like.. a book or something? A scrapbook I guess. Tell me more about this 2d DKC - that sounds like something worth spending dollars on. Ah, I remember the days when I would play DKC 1-3 on the SNES... good times. I'm glad to see a return to 2d platforming games.

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM
List of games confirmed for 3DS:

http://i.fokzine.net/upload/100615_140137_3ds1.JPG
http://i.fokzine.net/upload/100615_140137_3ds2.JPG

oh wow <3

And yeah, DKCR looks every bit like a lost DKC 4. You play as Donkey Kong and Diddy, just like the original, that much is for sure. Graphics are amazing, there's this one part of the video that had DK running on this like black silhouette of a stage against a sunset backdrop that looked absolutely gorgeous.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-donkey-kong/101483
^ trailer from the press conference for DKCR

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/mustsee#list
^like all the trailers and such as they come up

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Hehe, it DOES look good. The kremlings seem notably absent for this one..
I am excited for this now as well as the new Metroid game.
AND a zelda game.

:p

3ds looks.. interesting. Perhaps it'll finally be time to upgrade from my original model DS.

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Noxid said:
3ds looks.. interesting. Perhaps it'll finally be time to upgrade from my original model DS.

Yeah. I still have an original DS despite the lite, DSi and XL all coming out. NO reason to buy them now with 3DS coming, especially if it's fully backwards compatible. I'm gonna NEED that new Kid Icarus, and knowing that there's promise of stuff like FF, DQ, KH, MGS, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, etc etc makes me want one even more.

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Noxid said:
Perhaps it'll finally be time to upgrade from my original model DS.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's held out this long.

But the 3DS doesn't sound like it's going to be any better than the original DS itself, maybe except for some improved hardware.

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:20 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I really saw no reason to get all those other new DS things since they were only really mostly cosmetic upgrades on the original DS. It's like buying a PS2 and then you buy a PS2 slim and when you get home you're all like "Oh, shit, this is the exact same thing".

I'm pretty sure this one is different enough to warrant a purchase though.

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:21 AM
Banned
The DSi was kind of a downgrade since it lost the GBA port...

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:25 AM
Ah, Other M. At first I was like: =D
And then I was like: =|
And now I'm like: ='(
Being on par with Prime is a lot to ask, but it looks like it'll be the worst game since the first one. I am disappoint.
In other news, WOOOOO FUCKING KIRBY!

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:26 AM
Banned
But it's unpretedicatable Yarn Kirby.