Negativity Thread.

How much wood could a 43501 chuck if a 43501 could chuck wood?

• Negativity thread!

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • About 100 kilograms.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • She would chuck my wood if u kno what I mean HAW HAW

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • You can't chuck wood? Are you armless? How are you typing?

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Go away.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Let's go eat, hongh.

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
Nov 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. It was easily (and hilariously) the most popular thread on the other forum community I was a reg of, and it became the most popular thread when it was remade on the new one as well. People have a lot of negativity I guess.

To steal my fiance's introduction to this thread:

Release your fury in the form of tirades, rants, and complaints! Also text.

Did I attack your face with a rake?

Don't whine about that particular incident here or else.

In other words, it's a thread for you bitch, whine, moan and commiserate.

I'll get us started.

I have an huge-ass assignment due on Thursday (Tuesday today) and I can't concentrate for shit. My brain is in the right mode for studying and memorizing things for exams, but not for writing scholarly research essays. It's really warm and I'd rather be outside and swimming and why do the most important exams happen just as the weather starts to get really nice. My mind's cloudy. I miss the IRC/forum people and I go into withdrawal but I can't do anything about it because I have so much work until the 18th of Nov. I wish I could sleep. Sleepswim, maybe. I feel fat but I don't have the time nor energy to exercise for now. I am developing serious rolls despite my eating habits (small appetite, low cal diet). I am gross. I need to fix this. I'm going to like exercise all day and night when everything's over. I wish there were more hours in a day because there are so many things I want to do and need to do and there isn't enough time in an average day.

Ok, your turn.

Fixed the poll.

EDIT: I should mention that I recommend refraining from calling out people specifically/complaining about them, cause that isn't the point of this thread and it probably won't work out well. You can complain about IRL/offline people all you want though.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
my sleep schedule is all kinds of fucked; i've been going to sleep around five am for the last while, and i'm trying to cut it back but the earliest i've ever fallen asleep is around two and it's starting to be a real problem. i literally have been getting fucking nothing done in tearms of work and i'm seriously worried about failing a couple of classes. i'm in a rut where i have no motivation to do anything every and i'm seriously fucking sick of it.

dinny what is the point of this poll anyways? what did you "fix"?
tbqh this is mostly just a double post to piss nixod and giraka off because i know how much they hate it and i would love to be a platform for some kind of negative rant about that. idk, it's TWO IN THE MORNING.

edit: yo i'm going to throw this out here as a public message to carrotlord.
look at this:
Wasn't there another game in which you could toy with a thing called the portal gun?
Oh yeah I remember. There were actually 2 games that managed to do this. They were called Portal and Portal 2.
Flow's website and main idea - started 2006.
Spore the Game of Life and Evolution - released 2008.
Owned. So hard. Ha ha ha ha.
I am just making a point Lace. I don't care if this mod becomes the best mod ever or dies. Okay?
EDIT: Are you also seriously saying that this mod, the Redesign mod, of all mods, is actually better than The Show, WTF Story, King's Story, and Schism? What? Huh? These are the best mods on the forum for sure. There is no way a simple modification of Cave Story that barely uses custom graphics and barely makes good use of way too many ASM hacks could be that highly rated. Lace, you are going insane I believe. You are in danger... deep danger.

first off, you trying to use sarcasm and come off as condesending is cringeworthy. second off, fucking stop being a wet towel. you seem like a really nice guy and i want to like you. stop this.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Man I sure do hate it when people double post for no good reason and then I have to warn them, or if they've been warned MULTIPLE TIMES about it in the past then I have to ban them for a short period of time.

Also sexpy Noxid said he banned you before for double posting, so I really don't see how you thought this was a good idea at all.

Note: Since I guess this isn't explicitly clear, the entireity of this post is directed at sexpy, and his double post made right before this post.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I suck at everything, good lord
I'm a jerk towards new members for reasons beyond even my own comprehension
I never do anything ever, the only reason I'm awake at 1:20 AM is because I didn't work on a project due today, and I'm still not working on it
I'm horrified that I'm going to fail anything and not even get into a high school
My friends have slowly started to hate me because I never od anyhting
I have three computer
even if I do something, it's never good enough to do anything with
my room is litertaally full ofd garbage
I've spent the past year wasting my time on these fucking forums (I love you all) for reasons still beyond my comprehension
I'm rambling now aren't I
I'm the only friend of someone, and I rarely contact them, using only email, and I'm a horrible friend to them as well, but still the best one they've ever had, because anyone else they'vew aaver talked to on the internet pushed tem away from the community (*ahem*), yet they still are awesome and forgiving and fuck windy is a way better person than I am
just fuck
ugh

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM
We had a rant thread and a stream of consciousness thread. This seems to be a hybrid of those.

I don't have to study or write. I haven't for almost a year now. A year has passed without me becoming more educated. It's been ten months since I left. I wonder if I'm getting dumber. Or less capable. Or less sociable. No, I don't wonder that. I'm getting worse at keeping friends. Not being in school has done that. I wasted my summer in my basement, since I apparently don't care about my friends unless they live thousands of miles away. Now it's winter and it's cold. Not that I care. I don't go outside unless I have to. I don't have to very often. It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to turn everything around. I won't. It doesn't matter what opportunities are presented to me. I'll destroy them.

It's been 8 years since I've been to a swimming pool. I stopped enjoying swimming. I'd rather do things on land. Like sit down. I don't exercise anymore, either. I usually walk to places unless they're very far away, but I don't go outside very often. And now the weather's turned cold and walking isn't as easy. I used to be in better shape when I ran, I sure hated running. It's so boring and painful. I could tolerate one or the other, but not both. It's not supposed to hurt. Boy, do I hate running. Exercise requires dedication. Also leaving the house. And sometimes you need a friend, or at least an acquaintance, to do it. It's not hard to see why I'm in such bad shape.

Most people get fat when they eat poorly and don't exercise. I look forward to the day I gain fat. It will be a milestone in my life. I've actually lost weight since I stopped exercising. Sometimes I'm too lazy to eat. Can you believe that. Too slothful to be gluttonous. I wonder which circle of Hell that is. I don't eat nearly enough, mostly because I don't enjoy eating as much as most people seem to. Doing something several times a day gets boring. It feels like a chore sometimes, since I don't let myself eat junk food too often. Most healthy food doesn't taste that great. I can't make it taste good. Learning to cook seems beyond me. I'm so thin. If I get cancer, I won't survive it. I'm glad this lump on my neck isn't malignant.

It's nice that people would miss me if I died. I really don't want to die. People would be so disappointed. I would be too. No, I'd be dead. Anyway, most of my friends are online now. I'm really disappointed in myself that I hardly talk to those ones, too. All I do in IRC is idle, instead of talking to some of my favourite people. I don't feel like talking anymore. I don't know why. I'm not misanthropic or antisocial. When cool people sign in, I think "good, cool person #8 is here," and then I don't talk to them, even though I would love to have a conversation with them. I don't know why IRC seems boring to me. Everything seems either boring or daunting. I wish I cared about stuff. I will never do anything with my life as long as I feel like this.

Thanks for the inspiration, Dinny, but I think I did it wrong.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Man I sure do hate it when people double post for no good reason and then I have to warn them, or if they've been warned MULTIPLE TIMES about it in the past then I have to ban them for a short period of time.

Also sexpy Noxid said he banned you before for double posting, so I really don't see how you thought this was a good idea at all.

No bro this is the S.P.O.T, it is a desolate, lawless land where we rock out with our doubleposting cocks out. Also, go away. Or maybe stay. This thread is relevant to you actually since you're like a neverending bastion of negativity and criticism and hatred and my negative experiences with you as of late outweigh the positive even though I actually really really like you and I'm a positive enough person to hold onto those feelings regardless.

Sexpy, I think my problems are similar to yours. And I feel you. Recovering from a bad sleep schedule is really, really hard. That's why psychologists warn/counsel to keep strict sleep hygiene. Really hard at our age, though... Our bodies work against us. From 17 ~ mid 20's your body specifically produces hormones to keep you awake really late and tired throughout morning. As I mentioned before, the 9-5 sched that most of the world is on is ideally based on the schedules of the 30+. So. Most people. Basically.

Dunc get over here you need a hug. Don't worry so much.

Captain Fabulous, that was... insanely interesting to read, at least for me. I would probably feel the same way as you if I wasn't at school. I still relate to the isolation part/sucking at keeping IRL acquaintances, and I totally empathize with the whole feeling like an unproductive year went by sort of feeling. And the whole thing about liking people but kind of not having motivation to talk? I get that too, but it will pass. I think periods like this happen with all friendships/groups. I guess it does help to remember that even if you don't directly talk to me/us, I/we won't interpret it as dislike and we'll still love/stand by you.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
No bro this is the S.P.O.T, it is a desolate, lawless land where we rock out with our doubleposting cocks out. Also, go away. Or maybe stay. This thread is relevant to you actually since you're like a neverending bastion of negativity and criticism and hatred and my negative experiences with you as of late outweigh the positive even though I actually really really like you and I'm a positive enough person to hold onto those feelings regardless.

This has been said before, and I guess I'll say it again:

The SPOT is not a place where the rules don't apply, and it's not a place to break the rules and gets away with it. We've discussed this before in this thread (http://www.cavestory...pot-discussion/), but I don't think an actual consensus was ever reached.

If you saw a police officer standing outside, you wouldn't jaywalk in front of him (or some other lawbreaking act), flip him the bird, and then expect to have no repercussions, would you? Then why would you expect to get away with breaking the rules for the sake of breaking the rules here.

Also if you think I'm a bastion of hatred/negativity then maybe you're taking the things I say too personally.

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
*Clicks all the votes except the last one*

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM
This has been said before, and I guess I'll say it again:

The SPOT is not a place where the rules don't apply, and it's not a place to break the rules and gets away with it. We've discussed this before in this thread (http://www.cavestory...pot-discussion/), but I don't think an actual consensus was ever reached.

If you saw a police officer standing outside, you wouldn't jaywalk in front of him (or some other lawbreaking act), flip him the bird, and then expect to have no repercussions, would you? Then why would you expect to get away with breaking the rules for the sake of breaking the rules here.

Also if you think I'm a bastion of hatred/negativity then maybe you're taking the things I say too personally.

Then you might want to make that absolutely and perfectly clear. What the fuck else am I supposed to think when the S in "SPOT" specifically stands for "spam"? Doubleposting is a form of spamming. Spamming is literally implied to be allowed here. That's why your example is irrelevant. A better example would be me going to a street with a big sign saying YOU CAN JAYWALK ACROSS THIS STREET and proceeding to jaywalk through it because the area explicitly gives the idea that the ordinary law doesn't *apply. And then flipping off the officer, just because.

And a reply to the final part: I think it's natural and expected that I take things personally when they're, well, directed toward me. Unless you really meant to say something like "too seriously".

EDIT: Edited for typo fix.

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Then you might want to make that absolutely and perfectly clear. What the fuck else am I supposed to think when the S in "SPOT" specifically stands for "spam"? Doubleposting is a form of spamming. Spamming is literally implied to be allowed here. That's why your example is irrelevant. A better example would be me going to a street with a big sign saying YOU CAN JAYWALK ACROSS THIS STREET and proceeding to jaywalk through it because the area explicitly gives the idea that the ordinary law doesn't *apply. And then flipping off the officer, just because.

And a reply to the final part: I think it's natural and expected that I take things personally when they're, well, directed toward me. Unless you really meant to say something like "too seriously".

EDIT: Edited for typo fix.

That metaphor was directed towards sexpy and his "I'm going to double post to piss off noxid and gir" post. Not towards you, jeez. He was around for that discussion, so he should know better than that.

Also the SPOT's purpose is still poorly stated, yes. This should probably be fixed.

To give a brief explanation of how the SPOT came to be what it is (or at least I think this is how it happened...):
-Originally there was no SPOT
-But offtopic posts would appear in other threads, like people fighting with eachother, derailing conversation.
-These posts needed to be removed from the thread, but not from the forums entirely. So the SPOT was created.
-However for some reason thread creation is allowed in the SPOT
-Mass confusion occurs because people are unaware of why the SPOT exists/how to use it

Really any thread that was made in the SPOT should have been made in the Satellite Lounge, but it still exists to this day. Anyways I think you're better off assuming that there's no place where the rules don't apply. This place may be called the "Spam and Off topic" subforum, but that doesn't explicitly state "You are allowed to post Spam/whatever you want here", it just says there's spam here.

We really should just disable thread creation in this subforum.

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Or just make one of those stickies that specifies the guidelines for that particular area of the site.

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I can't fucking deadlift without my back curling. God DAMN.

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You should be thanking GIR for making sure this thread starts off full of negativity :chin:

Although I'm partly to blame too because I didn't strike down the motion. It's just business.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I hate the final 2 forms of Wily in Mega Man 9.
Erm...
I hate not having money, is it too early for a 16 y/o to find a job? I'll start searching now.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
You should be thanking GIR for making sure this thread starts off full of negativity :chin:

Although I'm partly to blame too because I didn't strike down the motion. It's just business.

Lol.

I hate the cold so damn much. I could barely sleep last night cause I was freezing my ass off.
Also fuck allergies.

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM
The Eternal Darkness
I guess that means I have a rival in terms of negativity
p159476-0-iconlol.gif

Business wins.

I hate the cold so damn much. I could barely sleep last night cause I was freezing my ass off.
I wouldn't complain about the cold. I would complain about the heat.
It's fucking hot in South Africa. :(

Also fuck allergies.
Yeah.

And burn Steam. Either Steam or my fucking slow Internet.

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I AM SICK AND I AM AFRAID ROMNEY WILL WIN
ALSO PEOPLE WHO DON'T VOTE DRIVE ME INSANE
ALSO I THINK THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE VOTING WHO ARE EXTREMELY IGNORANT
AND DON'T ACTUALLY TRY TO FIND FACTS

also I have some more personal issues BUT I won't talk about them

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I hate mosquitoes.
I hate mic-spamming children on TF2.
I hate Internet Explorer.
I hate Macs.
I hate Call of Duty fanboys.
I hate Call of Duty, period.
I hate dubstep.
I hate JB fangirls.
I hate EA Games.
I hate Activision.
I hate little children who use Memes incorrectly.
I hate having six Snipers on my team when I play TF2.
I hate the caps lock button.
I hate doing things the hard way in VVVVVV.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I wouldn't complain about the cold. I would complain about the heat.
It's fucking hot in South Africa. :(
Yeah I can imagine it'd be pretty hot. I'm further up north and sometimes it can get pretty darn cold. I get cold pretty easily and have trouble tolerating it. But don't get me wrong, I don't like the heat either. I can tolerate it better but extreme temperatures either way make me uncomfortable.

Somewhat relating to Lace's post : I'm really sick of Americans who bitch and complain about our country sucking and how it's full of "corruption" and the worst country ever, and therefore refuse to vote because "they don't care". At least be damn happy that we have a say in things. And you may not care about what happens to the country, but keep in mind that it will affect YOU. You can complain all you want but you gotta realize that you have it fucking made compared to a good majority of the other countries in the world. Of course, no country is perfect, and we have our shortcomings, but at least compare those shortcomings to some of the others around the world. Like being stoned to death for dancing.

Ungrateful fucks. -stamps foot and sings God Bless America-