My Custom Challenge for plus

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I know that nobody here wants to bother with anything I do anymore, tough shit.
I have been working on this thing for a week when I started and then not working on it ever since,
so if I could somehow get motivated to work on it again, that would be swell.

The thing for this challenge is that you are in the labyrinth again and you need to escape.
There are multiple paths you can take, including rooms that give you items.

I'm doing this simply because I want more challenges in the game then the usual 6.

You can get it
Here <<<and now without actual fun. Edit by DT: I sir-pooose this technically should not be here
Screenies
p178037-0-screenshot1.png

p178037-1-screenshot2.png

p178037-2-screenshot3.png

p178037-3-screenshot4.png

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
This looks promising.
That is one good mod. I like the Labrynth challenge.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not bad, I enjoyed playing it. The level design wasn't ground-breaking, but it was somewhat decent. You could have combed it a bit more for glitches, though. Here are some I found:

- The loadout is weird. I start out with a Spur, Missile Launcher, and some blank weapon. It's annoying when I switch from my missile launcher to my blank weapon, expecting to switch to my Spur.
- It might be nice if you would put a <CMU0000 right before being asked who you want to play as, so that when you die the death music isn't playing then.
- Some of the Gaudis appear behind doors on the map.
- The open animation doesn't play for all doors.

I liked that segment when you're falling through water and have to dodge the spikes, I thought that was creative. I'm going to assume that where you land is the end of the demo, because the doorway that appeared to lead further on was blocked.

Also, I hate to call you out, but... I understand that you had to modify MyChar in order to make Curly playable, and that in order to make players experience the same thing, you had to include a modified MyChar, but you're not supposed to distribute NICALiS' 2x resolution graphics. It's illegal. I've made a program that will hopefully soon make this type of dilemma a thing of the past, but that program is still in alpha stage, and I haven't set aside much time to work on it since the last release.

EDIT: Plus Porter has become capable of helping legally distribute CS+ mods with modified spritesheets, so I just thought I'd post a Plus Porter port link so that those who wanted to play this still can, even after the link in the OP has been removed.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
No he's saying you're a criminal because you're doing something illegal, that being distributing copyrighted content without the consent of the copyright holder. I actually think that /technically/ this thread should be locked and you should be given a warning for this but I'm sure if you just remove the MyChar (at least for the time being) you'll be okay.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:33 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Illegal?! I'm so confused.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:36 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
If it's really that big a deal then ask GiR to use Curly's 2X sprites from WTF? Story.

problem solved.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
HaydenStudios said:
you're not supposed to distribute NICALiS' 2x resolution graphics. It's illegal
Dunc2403 said:
distributing copyrighted content without the consent of the copyright holder.
Does this clear things up, 2DBoy?

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:48 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
@Bombchu,
theyre talking about the whole mychar, not just curly.
if it WAS her, they'd specify it, but they said the whole thing... which technically kinda ruins CS+ modding to a degree.
but if you guys are fussing about it here, why didn't you fuss about it elsewhere? i mean, KNF had a + version which 'distributes' mychar and everything else and no one talked about it there, nor the mod where they had to ask for a CS version? (i swear that it replaced quote w/ curly) but you guys are talking about it here, and that doesn't feel right. this guy wanted a new challenge, he shared it, you guys told him it was illegal.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I think it's more that somebody realized/noticed this time and reminded us all. We're not at all singling anyone out; we're simply pointing things out as we see them.