Mushroom Kingdom Fusion

May 19, 2009 at 9:47 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Undoubtedly, the greatest Mario-styled virtual source crossover fangame being made that I've seen... And it's not even finished, yet!

It was all originally started by one person, namely JudgeSpear, but the project has expanded greatly with help from the other members of The Fusion Team, as well as many more contributors. Though it's made with Game Maker, it is Vista Compatible, so no worries there.

The overall storyline's still in the works, but essentially...
Some being known as Legion has caused this crossover of worlds, & the only ones who are able to return things back to normal are...
the 10 playable members of the Mushroom Kingdom Coalition (Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Tails, Arthur, Link, Kirby, Samus, Wario & Roll). From what's mentioned on the MKF Wiki page, the atmosphere of the game will be very dark.
Extra secret characters can be unlocked in the final game, as well. In the v3.0 demo, they're all available right from the start.
And, as with anything awesome (Like Cave Story), you're likely to find plenty of mods for it, as well.

There's plenty more out there, but hey, I should supply links to all of this right?

The game itself
v2.5 beta release (More levels than the v3.0 demo)- http://mkfusion.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=3392
v3.0 demo release (Includes levels not found in v2.5 beta)- http://mkfusion.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=5374

Character sprite mods I've put together
NOTE: These mods have yet to be made compatible with v3.0, due to missing animation spritesheets.
"Speed" Sangheili (Covenant Elite)- Sonic's playstyle
Umihara Kawase- Tails' playstyle
Mint from Threads of Fate/DewPrism- Sonic's Playstyle
WorldDominationBaby640x240.png

I've hinted at a lot of this in various other threads, but it's time to just give it its own thread altogether. This fangame is going to be BIG, without a doubt!

One final thing- If the game is lagging (The right side #'s display in the bottom right corner of the screen being around 40 or less), you can press 1 & 2 to increase or decrease the framerate & speed things up. 3 will toggle the display of the frameskip & the framerate #s in the corner.