Mighty No. 9

Sep 1, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
New from Comcept, Mighty No. 9! But you need to donate first. Mighty No. 9 is a cool, new game that's directly inspired from Mega Man. They're not even trying to hide it-- it's almost identical to Mega Man. But this is a good thing! You see, the famous Keiji Inafune is the project leader. Not only that, but many other people behind the success of Mega Man are involved. All of this justifies the project goal of $900,000, which the project is well on its way to reaching. So, go and donate $20 to get yourself a digital copy when it gets released. Or donate thousands of dollars to eat dinner Inafune. Either way, you're supporting the project. Let's try and get this to $2,500,000 for console releases, woo! For detailed information on the project, go to the page I have linked above. That should be all you need to know about this game if you're still curious (which you should be, because I hardly explained the game at all).

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:58 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Holy @#$% Keiji Inafune is making this game?!?!??!!?
Capcom, you must take note of this.

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I recently saw this, and I have to say, it looks amazing. It also has lemon buster shots. I really hope Capcom doesn't sue.

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Thatnamelessguy said:
I recently saw this, and I have to say, it looks amazing. It also has lemon buster shots. I really hope Capcom doesn't sue.
They won't sue keiji or this game, they are not allowed too anyway.

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
metalsonic71 said:
They won't sue keiji or this game, they are not allowed too anyway.
That's actually been brought up a few times, from what I've seen on various Mega Man-related websites. I don't see a lawsuit happening, but don't completely ignore the possibility of something like that happening. Mega Man is Capcom's IP, and the project is looking extremely similar to Mega Man.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Tpcool said:
That's actually been brought up a few times, from what I've seen on various Mega Man-related websites. I don't see a lawsuit happening, but don't completely ignore the possibility of something like that happening. Mega Man is Capcom's IP, and the project is looking extremely similar to Mega Man.
Yes, I saw that on Rockman Corner and there is one other problem. The main characters name is Beck. The supporting character is Call, as in "Beck and Call"
BeCK and CaLL.
Capcom could bring that up even though it's more of a tribute. In fact, that might be a coincidence.

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Wow, they have almost already reached their goal and they still have 29 days to go :0

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Aaaand goal met! That was real fast, under 48 hours, I believe. It's definitely not over yet, though, as we still have some awesome stretch goals meet. In order from first to last: Two additional stages, Mac/Linux versions, New Game+ & Turbo Mode, ???, Making-of documentary, ???, console versions. Of course, I'm really hoping that they reach the $2,500,000 needed for the console releases, but the first stretch goal to reach is the two additional stages (less than $300,000 to go). I'll probably be donating $20 near the end of the 30 days.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Can't wait to play it! Has Comcept done a game before?

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Mr.Mold said:
Can't wait to play it! Has Comcept done a game before?
A quick Google search says yes: http://www.giantbomb.com/comcept/3010-7371/
Note that this is not just being developed by Comcept. Inti creates, the developers of Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10, is also working with Comcept to bring us Mighty No. 9.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM
They did another game somewhat similar to Megaman. It's an Android and iOS game called J.J. Rockets about the president of the US who also has lemon buster shots. (so Capcom would have sued them earlier, reassuringly) Ironically enough, it was never released in the US. I was about to get a Japanese iTunes account but I sadly don't have it on this computer.

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
They did another game somewhat similar to Megaman. It's an Android and iOS game called J.J. Rockets about the president of the US who also has lemon buster shots. (so Capcom would have sued them earlier, reassuringly) Ironically enough, it was never released in the US. I was about to get a Japanese iTunes account but I sadly don't have it on this computer.
Their kick starter trailer had way to many megaman references. I love the one at the end of the video

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:21 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I was watching the Rundown segment of EPDaily when this came up. It's being created by people who worked on the original Mega Man games and is currently being funded through Kickstarter. So, here's the video and the project's Kickstarter page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1o0so4anc

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
mmmmmmmmerged
I know we have an excess of categories but it doesn't hurt to check around :p

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I have a strong desire to go after the 250 dollar tier.