Make Profile Messages Editable

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:53 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
When you comment on a profile post, you can't edit it. You can only edit the original profile post. I think that if you could edit your profile post comments, that would avoid repetitive comments. I also think it would be nice if two comments in a row on the profile post made by the same person merged together.
Thoughts?

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:08 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
People could just edit them to say silly things though. I don't think it's a good idea.

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:00 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
People could just edit them to say silly things though. I don't think it's a good idea.
And yet that's something we're already able to do with our posts in threads, and I don't see many users abusing it. Of course, it would be plain silly to let users edit other people's profile posts, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Camero was proposing.

I'd be in favor of being able to edit our profile posts, since I sometimes do make a few typos that it would be nice to be able to fix without deleting the message and re-posting it.

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:02 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
it seems like more effort than it's worth tbh, you only get 420ch just delete it and start over

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I can't even get the post automerger to work, and you want me to somehow apply it to VMs? Hell no!

Also I can't find an add on that allows VM edits and I have no desire to try an create one myself.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:23 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I can't even get the post automerger to work, and you want me to somehow apply it to VMs? Hell no!

Also I can't find an add on that allows VM edits and I have no desire to try an create one myself.
It's just a suggestion. Not a demand.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:42 AM
Based Member

Not a problem, just thought we'd mention these things and find out if they were feasible. Having said that, is there any chance that we could at least get the minimum character limit raised from 420 characters back up to whatever it was before we switched from IP Board?