Instant death?

Mar 7, 2015 at 1:11 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is it possible to die when you first begin the game, like after the cut scenes? O_O

Mar 7, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
You can drown in the Start Point if you wish, and of course the critters, bats and spikes of First Cave will destroy you just as readily as anywhere else in the game! :3

...is that what you're asking? 'Tis a touch unclear, I'm afraid.

Mar 7, 2015 at 1:43 AM
"Huzzah!"
Are you talking about some kind of a glitch? Or is it something you want to put in a mod?
If you're doing it in a mod, I think you might need assembly hacking...
Actually, now that I think about it, you could edit an entity's sprite to be nothing, and maybe spam a bunch of them on the player after a cutscene or something so they die...
Although assembly is probably easier, you could just add an entry to the TSC parser and then use the TSC function after a cutscene.

Mar 7, 2015 at 1:44 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Don't forget about the more cutscenes in Mimiga Village, where you can still die from many ways in Yamashita Farm and the Reservoir.

Mar 7, 2015 at 3:28 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You can also die before the introductory cutscene ends if one of your vital organ experiences brutal trauma, e.g. aortic rupture.

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:04 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I know in CS+ you can die by walking straight into water. (without the air depleting) What you do, is start the machine gun challenge, walk right into that little puddle of water and bam, insta-drown. No idea why this happens.
Anyway, it is possible to die in the first cave by spikes or enemies. (Or the door enemy, which is a jerk move) As for dying in that first room, the only way to die is to drown in that bit of water.
Otherwise, there was a mod that someone did that modified how much damage you do and take. (The 9999 damage mod that whatever you shoot or shoots you does 9999 damage)

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:48 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Why yes you can!:D.In the start point drown in the water at the bottom or just get killed by spikes,bats,critters,or that door that leads to mimiga village (you musn't shoot it just try to open it).And welcome to the forums :D

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:21 PM
"Huzzah!"
Aislinn.LMstudio said:
Is it possible to die when you first begin the game, like after the cut scenes? O_O
Just curious, why do you want to know?

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:53 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It's possible to die on the menu screen, just shoot yourself in the face