[Indefinite Hiatus] CSTSF Wallpaper Collab!

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:21 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
This was a terrible idea. From now on this will be put under an indefinite hiatus.
Sorry.
.The Deadline is: PASSED.
!Welcome to the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums Wallpaper Collab!
Hello! I'm Spiritga, more likely known as Spirit or Spur or Rabbit, and welcome to this collab!
This collab is as the title and starting header say it is: a wallpaper-sized art collab made by the happy fellow members of the CSTSF!
Of course, it isn't just a "draw whatever you want" thing, or else you wouldn't be reading this.​
What it's going to be.
Short description: it's going to be a collab where everyone participates with their own art in drawing themselves or other people.
Long description: Due to a conversation in the Skype group chat (abbreviating as SGC), we--or rather I--decided to do a wallpaper collab for the Cave Story Tribute Site forums. It was right after a serious conversation about art with BLink and PolarStar so we needed happiness. Anyways, I'm mainly going for the somewhat active members or mature members, the ones who frequent the forums more than others. If you do join, you will draw either yourself into the wallpaper or another member on the forums. If someone has already did both--IE if I drew Nameless and Doors then Doors can't draw Nameless or himself again--then try to pick another member. It doesn't matter if you have good art or bad art, as long as you can art. Think of the Moon Animate Make-Up. They had some bad animators but it was a good thing; in fact it added to how funny it was.
Here's how it'll work:
1)This topic will be posted and be given a deadline, which will always be up at the top above the bold header. You can't miss it.
2)You can ask to sign up by posting, obviously.
3)Once the deadline is hit, anyone asking to join will be rejected.
4)A Skype group will be formed for it,-- We will discuss everything in this thread. --where we will decide the wallpaper resolution and the background colour/if the background is transparent.

Rules for the CSTSF Wallpaper Collab: This is important to read and is required.
Reading this will make you smarter and will enable you to actually join.
So do listen.
1. Don't be rude here.
2. Don't steal other's artwork.
3. Don't draw over other people's art.
4. Follow the rules in any occasion.
5. Follow the CSTSF rules, forever and always.
6. Be nice and don't spam this thread.
7. If you join then not contribute then you might get removed unless you have a reason.
8. If you want to join, just post in this thread asking to.

A list of the people who will be drawing:
-Spiritga
-SeasonsOfDestiny
-HyMyNameIsMatt
-PolarStarGames
-WoodenRat
-jj4226
-Doors
-Kuro
-WildDesu
-TLincoln
-DoubleThink
-Noxid
-BLink
-Pomfy
Take it easy, then.​

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I may as well sign up considering I need an excuse to art and don't have anything else I feel like doing.

On a side note, congratulations on the first topic!

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:03 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Why the heck not

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:14 AM
thinks dogs are cool
Consider both of you in. o 3o)

Also I'll be editing the post (obviously) to adjust the "who's gunna be there" list instead of repeatedly saying "you're in" or whatnot, since...past experiences on a past forum.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:25 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Jul 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Fuck it I'm in.

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:46 PM
"Huzzah!"
Yep, I'll do it. But should it be a portrait of our real world self or just a portrait of our current user account picture? (probably the latter, but I'm just asking...)

edit: scratch that, I just wasn't thinking. (user account picture rules!!!)

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sure I guess so
I'll draw me I guess

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:20 PM
thinks dogs are cool
I probably forgot to mention this, but basically we'll be drawing what we look like on the internet, and if not that--as in you don't have one of those silly things--then we can draw you as what you represent, or what you look like in real life.
Otherwise no one would know who you're drawing.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Professional Whatever
So you want me to draw my slutty oc

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:47 PM
thinks dogs are cool
If that is how you are represented on the forums/internet, sure.
Also I shouldn't need to mention this but no NSFW art should go on the wallpaper. Just reaffirming a fact

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM
LSD
"..."
I guess I'll join but I suppose I'm probably not cool enough for you guys

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:50 PM
thinks dogs are cool
nah you'll never be cool enough nerd
Anyone of any coolness type can join. Just not if your coolness is below .5 'cause otherwise you'll never get in.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM
"Huzzah!"
Spiritga said:
nah you'll never be cool enough nerd
Anyone of any coolness type can join. Just not if your coolness is below .5 'cause otherwise you'll never get in.
Ah, what!!! The spammers can't get in?!?!
(It wouldn't be a a party without them... :awesomeface: )

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM
LSD
"..."
Wait so is the concept just a wallpaper of some random users of the cstsf or is it supposed to like represent the forums themselves

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM
thinks dogs are cool
Kuro said:
Wait so is the concept just a wallpaper of some random users of the cstsf or is it supposed to like represent the forums themselves
No, see, it's a wallpaper but with the moderately active members in it.
...hmm.
See, it's not just random members of the forums, because otherwise most won't know who they are, but rather, the members who have been active in the past month or so, or maybe two months, it hasn't actually been fully decided.
So, say, you couldn't put in a spammer from 2012 or SP Gardebite or anyone else that hasn't been active since 2012/2013.
And uh, the background could represent the forums in someway--such as using the Cave Story Dark's banner (with permission of course if any is necessary), while the people/characters we draw in afterwards are active members of the CSTSF.
hope that answers it

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:35 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Spiritga said:
Also I shouldn't need to mention this but no NSFW art should go on the wallpaper. Just reaffirming a fact
psh, I'm out

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:35 PM
"Huzzah!"
Spiritga said:
No, see, it's a wallpaper but with the moderately active members in it.
...hmm.
See, it's not just random members of the forums, because otherwise most won't know who they are, but rather, the members who have been active in the past month or so, or maybe two months, it hasn't actually been fully decided.
So, say, you couldn't put in a spammer from 2012 or SP Gardebite or anyone else that hasn't been active since 2012/2013.
And uh, the background could represent the forums in someway--such as using the Cave Story Dark's banner (with permission of course if any is necessary), while the people/characters we draw in afterwards are active members of the CSTSF.
hope that answers it
okay, I'm glad that's been cleared up. I guess I qualify. YES!!!

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM
thinks dogs are cool
Noxid said:
psh, I'm out
But Noxid bby
we need you
in order to combat the darkness which is horrible sonic fanart, we need you by our side